Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #501
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Oh man! That apnea episode was scary. Prayers up to help you as parents to cope with such intense moments. Continued prayers for Emmett and all of his caregivers.
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #502
atorres
Nubbin' Buck

Joshua 1:9 NIV
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
atorres is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #503
Ron
Pope & Young

Hunt In: USA, Concho County and S.E.Colorado

Prayers up for y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-29-2018, 08:14 PM   #504
txheartshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba & Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam_aggie View Post
Day 19 update. A day that will forever be embedded in my memory as the scariest day of my life.

Our day began with good news. Emmett's numbers from his a.m. bloodwork were coming back to normal. They started him back on milk, but only at 3 ml because of the concern from yesterday and the green backflow. By mid morning, he was back to his 9 ml and digesting almost all of it. We found a sweet little note that Emmett wrote us informing us that he now weighed 2 lbs! His bowels picked back up again. Basically, things were looking much more upbeat to start the day.

We had a visit from the electrophysiologist that was overseeing Emmett. This was the first opportunity we had to met him and discuss plans for Emmett and the inevitable pacemaker that he will be receiving. We learned that as long as he is tolerating his heart rate, they will go as long as possible before placing a pacemaker in him, even if it means discharging him. This was surprising news to us. We also reaffirmed that he is too small for them to do anything right now should he begin to not tolerate the low heart rate, which is scary.

We had another visit from the cardiologist to discuss the echocardiogram done on Emmett's heart. We learned that the PDA doubled in size since reopening last Saturday. We were warned this could happen, but it didn't make it any easier to hear. On the other hand, there was news that trumped the PDA setback. The hypertrophy (thickening of the septum and outer wall) in his left ventricle regressed some, leading the cardiologist to believe that this may be something that will correct itself. Although not guaranteed, this was news we were praying hard to receive. As the cardiologist was wrapping up her discussion, I shifted my gaze to Emmett and his vitals monitor...

I noticed his heart rate and O2 saturation were a little low. The nurse who happened to be in the room also noticed, and was watching over him. All of a sudden his numbers started to plummet. The cardiologist was mid sentence as I immediately popped to my feet and jumped to the incubator. The nurse was lightly shaking Emmett. I look back at the monitor to see his HR and O2 drop into the 40s. Literally right before our eyes Emmett went from normal color to pale white in seconds. My heart sank, and with tear filled eyes I watched as the nurse pulled the oxygen mask from the wall and started giving Emmett oxygen. I feared the absolute worse was happening. Our nurse stayed calm, and as the cardiologist asked if he needed help, he responded with a "we're ok." I finally seen Emmett take a breath, and his numbers started ascending again. We fought to keep it together, and as the dust settled and the room cleared, Krystal and I held each other tight and had a moment. We thanked God that our little man was ok.

The nurse explained that what Emmett went through would be considered a severe case of Apnea and bradycardia. This happens in premature babies, and if you all recall from a previous post Emmett did have a short spell of apnea once before. He's going to send me to the grave early if I have to go through many more of those.

We've had so many people reach out to us or friends of ours telling us how and where they are praying for Emmett. It's been so comforting hearing of all the places spread around the world that people have prayed for our little guy. I've been told about multiple church sermons and Sunday school lessons that have been about Emmett and the power of prayer. Several folks have reached out saying Emmett has brought them closer to God. Our little man has made more of an impact in this world during his 3 weeks than his parents have in 64 combined years. You know what? We couldn't be more proud. Thank you all for every post, prayer, and thought. We're blessed to have you.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I’ve shared your story with my wife, and we are continuing to pray for y’all. We received some news yesterday that we didn’t want, regarding the echo done on Kyler. So I completely understand how you feel. My dad reminded me yesterday, and again this morning, that it is part of God’s plan. As much as I try to remind myself of that, I needed to hear it. Hopefully you can find some comfort knowing that what your little guy is going through, is part of His plan. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
txheartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 12:43 AM   #505
Big Ace
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

God bless you! I cannot imagine the hardships that you and your wife are going through. Remain strong! My family and I are praying for you!
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (*2 Corinthians‬ *1‬:*3‬ NIV)
Big Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 12:54 AM   #506
BIG BONE
Pope & Young

Prayers sent
BIG BONE is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 02:03 AM   #507
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Prayers sent for Emmett, his Mom and his Father
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 03:35 AM   #508
fbchunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Thompsons

We are still praying in unity for Emmett, Mom, Dad, and family. Lord please guide his caregivers. Lord we ask for strength, comfort, patience, and the supernatural healing that only you can provide. We ask all this through our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen
fbchunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 03:41 AM   #509
JVANS74
Eight Point

Hunt In: brown and gillispie county

Praying for you.
JVANS74 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 06:58 AM   #510
jp77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Prayers are up for little man.

jp77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 10:44 AM   #511
WCB
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson

Day 19 update just about me as well!!

Prayers from Mr. & Mrs. WCB in Big D!!
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 11:41 PM   #512
Big Ace
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wilson County

We are still praying for Emmett.
Big Ace is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2018, 11:48 PM   #513
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba,TX

Prayers Continuing.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 08:45 AM   #514
RR 314
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ace View Post
We are still praying for Emmett.
Amen. Hope everything is progressing well each hour and day!
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 10:06 AM   #515
Lawhorn
Ten Point

Hunt In: S.Texas

Continued prayers for Emmitt.

Lawhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 10:09 AM   #516
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SABINAL, Sonora, Bastrop, Carrizozo NM

Day 20 update. Finally, a much needed GOOD day! These two weary parents still traumatized from yesterday needed a day like today. This morning's update from the Doctors consisted of all good news. Throughout the night there were poopy diapers, low oxygen settings, and most importantly, no apnea! Emmett's urine output is still not consistent however. The Dr. decided to order a renal ultrasound on his kidneys just to double check that they are functioning correctly. As you've all seen by now, nothing is guaranteed with premature babies, so we were anxious to hear the results. Fortunately, everything came back clear!

About the only thing I didn't care for today was that they had to restick Emmett yet again for some new medication to help his kidneys along. Our little guy has so many ***** marks on both of his hands and legs, it pains me to see another one. What made it somewhat tolerable was that Emmett had the hiccups during the procedure, and sounded like a baby bird chirping. You couldn't help but smile at it!

This update is going to be shorter than typical, but in this instance that's a good thing! Our prayers have been answered, and for that we're thankful. Thank you all for continuing to keep Emmett in your prayers. A fun little fyi to finish on, I wrote this entire update with Emmett curled up on my chest sleeping like a...well baby!

solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 10:26 AM   #517
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Foard Co.

that's great news!
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #518
tradtiger
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

So glad to see this positive update after that apnea scare yesterday.

Continued prayers.

Sounds like you may have found a nickname for the kid: "Chirp"
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #519
ladybluearm
Six Point

Great news! More prayers going up for your family!
ladybluearm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 11:02 AM   #520
Duane
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brady TX

Awesome report!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 11:17 AM   #521
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Awesome. Been thinking about you guys! Keep up the good work
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 11:21 AM   #522
huntressjourney
Four Point

Thoughts and Prayers!!! God can heal all. ❤️

huntressjourney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 12:22 PM   #523
PecanBayouRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County & Schleicher County, TX & Kansas

Prayers continue! Gig'em Emmett!
PecanBayouRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 12:47 PM   #524
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

YESSIR!! Thank you Jesus!
We will redouble our efforts in lifting Emmett and you guys up to God in prayers and petitions for healing, rest, mercy and His Grace!
Praying for a good weekend for you all!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 05:56 PM   #525
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Goodnews Aggie! Emmett is a strong little man, may the LORD bless him with good health.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:14 PM   #526
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Heck yeah! Keep the prayers coming!

Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2018, 11:28 PM   #527
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Day 21 update. Coming to you a little late, but for good reasons! Guess who's almost 1000 grams! Emmett is starting to really add the weight. That equates to 2 lbs 3 oz. Another really good day in the books for us. Almost all of his blood work came back good. The only thing low was his platelet counts. It can happen with premature babies, and it's nothing to be worried about for now. We will be praying for that number to come down though to avoid any issues later on.

We have been really concerned with how distended Emmett's belly was. Today was the worst we've seen, so voiced our concerns with his staff. They agreed, and decided to do an xray on his belly. We were so relieved when the results came back showing only gas. Being on the bubble CPAP, air can migrate down to his tummy, causing excess gas. I fully expect little man to blow a hole in that diaper when he's able to release! The nurse gave Emmett a larger feeding tube that should help with venting some of that gas.

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. The reason we were so late with this update is that we were given tickets to the Alamo Draft house nearby for a movie tonight. A support group with the hospital gave them to us. Seeing how well Emmett was doing, Krystal and I decided that we felt comfortable enough to seize the opportunity for a date night. It was much needed. As usual, I can't finish an update without thanking you all for the continued prayers and support.

Old 09-01-2018, 12:37 AM   #528
txheartshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Saba & Gillespie

Glad to read the good news! Also glad y’all got to get out of the hospital for a bit to unwind with a movie. Continued prayers for y’all.

txheartshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #529
ontarget
Ten Point

Hunt In: Menard

Great news! Prayers continued.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 01:01 AM   #530
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Prayer continues
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 08:45 AM   #531
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam_aggie View Post
Day 21 update. Coming to you a little late, but for good reasons! Guess who's almost 1000 grams! Emmett is starting to really add the weight. That equates to 2 lbs 3 oz. Another really good day in the books for us. Almost all of his blood work came back good. The only thing low was his platelet counts. It can happen with premature babies, and it's nothing to be worried about for now. We will be praying for that number to come down though to avoid any issues later on.

We have been really concerned with how distended Emmett's belly was. Today was the worst we've seen, so voiced our concerns with his staff. They agreed, and decided to do an xray on his belly. We were so relieved when the results came back showing only gas. Being on the bubble CPAP, air can migrate down to his tummy, causing excess gas. I fully expect little man to blow a hole in that diaper when he's able to release! The nurse gave Emmett a larger feeding tube that should help with venting some of that gas.

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. The reason we were so late with this update is that we were given tickets to the Alamo Draft house nearby for a movie tonight. A support group with the hospital gave them to us. Seeing how well Emmett was doing, Krystal and I decided that we felt comfortable enough to seize the opportunity for a date night. It was much needed. As usual, I can't finish an update without thanking you all for the continued prayers and support.

Great news. Still praying. Thx for the update

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sticks&Strings is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 08:56 AM   #532
RLHoward
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Texas

more prayers
RLHoward is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #533
Speck
Four Point

As a father of twins that were born at 2lbs 3 oz and 2 lbs 11 oz, your thread brings back lots of memories for me. It is amazing what prayer and love can do in the NICU. Our prayers are with you.
Speck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #534
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Prayers continued
Old 09-01-2018, 10:08 AM   #535
fbchunter
Ten Point

Great news! Emmett and family are in our continued prayers! Amen
Old 09-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #536
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Keep the good updates coming!

Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 06:31 PM   #537
El Viejo
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

I cannot imagine the emotional roller coaster y’all are on. Continued prayers.
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #538
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public

Still praying for you guys. We know all about those ups and downs but God will continue to protect and provide.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #539
brianlg31
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Pandale

Great news. Still praying
brianlg31 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-01-2018, 10:59 PM   #540
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Awesome!

TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 08:57 AM   #541
Aggiestad
Ten Point

Continued prayers

Aggiestad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #542
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Day 22 update. It's hard to believe that its been three weeks now since we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy that we adore. It's been one crazy, emotional three week rollercoaster! Healthwise, today was another good day. His platelet counts slightly increased, so Emmett avoided another blood transfusion. The doctor ordered some glycerin suppositories for Emmett to hopefully help alleviate some of the gas issues he's having. Yesterday we thought his belly couldn't get any bigger. Today proved us wrong. Everyone keeps reassuring us that this is nothing to worry about. We just can't help it because it's so abnormal looking. Heart rate and O2 saturation stayed steady for much of the day. Little man had some good skin to skin time with mom, and he was loving it. You can watch Emmett's vitals fluctuate all day, and as soon as he gets on Krystal's chest they level out.

We had another visit from the cardiologist today, and it pretty much put a damper on the whole day. During the morning meeting, the cardiologist team decided to run a test to check for a certain disease that could be linked to the thickening of the left ventricle. It would be devastating news if it came back positive. The fact that they are even testing for this is scary, and caused Krystal and I to worry for much of the day. What makes it even more difficult is that we likely won't know the results for 2 weeks. That's an eternity for a couple of parents with nothing to do but worry about their little guy. We're praying that this is just a precautionary thing to make a quick rule out. If you're so inclined, please join us in praying that this left ventricle issue is something that will work itself out.

Emmett is waving to you all, saying thanks for the continued prayers and support! He said to tell you all he loves you.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:26 AM   #543
krausejmk
Ten Point

Hunt In: Victoria, Tx

More prayers sent
krausejmk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #544
rvd
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Prayers continue for Emmett and you and your wife
rvd is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #545
meangreen
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cooke

More prayers sent
meangreen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #546
atorres
Nubbin' Buck

Y'all will be in prayer requests at church today

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
atorres is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 11:59 AM   #547
TexaRican
Pope & Young

Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky

praying for y’all

TexaRican is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #548
Killer Miller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sulphur Springs & Georgetown

More prayers!
Killer Miller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #549
huntressjourney
Four Point

Lifting baby Emmet up in prayer... thoughts with mom and dad for strength and faith during this time.

huntressjourney is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-02-2018, 01:52 PM   #550
fbchunter
Ten Point

Still joining in prayer for Emmett, Mom and Dad,his doctors, and caregivers. In Jesus name we pray. Amen