Yeah, I have 18 points now......

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
      Yeah, I have 18 points now......
      That didn't make me feel any better

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        That didn't make me feel any better
        A former coworker of mine got drawn for pronghorn two years ago. I think he had 7-8 points.

Comment

Are none of these hunts on weekends anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            Some will go into a weekend but not like it was several years ago.

Comment

How often do they actually do the drawing? Is there a period of weeks or something? I checked again this morning and I'm still 0-1 of 6 total.

Comment

These hunts were never on a weekend, always during the week, with the exception for maybe a couple of them and most of the youth hunts. I have been on several of these hunts over the years. Only hunt I ever went on that was on a weekend were all the youth hunts my son drew.

Comment

Originally posted by jbw899 View Post
                  Are you putting on for the archery hunts? Those odds are pretty good. Rifle hunt not so much.
                  Right now just the Rifle hunts. Archery hunts would require being gone during football season. Last 2 years were my worst years being drawn with one draw each.

Comment

I'm in for 20 this year. Only put in for chap on bow two Turkey and the rest rifle

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                      How often do they actually do the drawing? Is there a period of weeks or something? I checked again this morning and I'm still 0-1 of 6 total.
                      All of the deadlines haven't passed yet...

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                        These hunts were never on a weekend, always during the week, with the exception for maybe a couple of them and most of the youth hunts. I have been on several of these hunts over the years. Only hunt I ever went on that was on a weekend were all the youth hunts my son drew.
                        Yoakum Dunes Mule Deer, Richland GDE, Chap Javi are three hunts that use to go through a weekend for example.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                          Yoakum Dunes Mule Deer, Richland GDE, Chap Javi are three hunts that use to go through a weekend for example.
                          On archery deer, gun deer, and turkey hunts are and have been for as long as I have been applying (30 yrs.) have been during the week, except a occasional hunt or 2 that has been on a weekend. Those are the only ones I apply for.
                          And I've hunted Richland Creek 4 times. Three were during the week and one on a weekend, which was one of the youth hunts my son drew.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                            On archery deer, gun deer, and turkey hunts are and have been for as long as I have been applying (30 yrs.) have been during the week, except a occasional hunt or 2 that has been on a weekend. Those are the only ones I apply for.
                            And I've hunted Richland Creek 4 times. Three were during the week and one on a weekend, which was one of the youth hunts my son drew.
                            I hunted Richland GDE twice. In 2004 it began on Wed and ended on Sunday. In 2010 it started on Thurs and ended on Mon.

But you are right about them shifting to hunts during the week.
                            Last edited by grizzman; 08-06-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

What we were told by a TPWD employee was that the hunts that involve weekends require overtime or rearranging schedules to compensate for the time

Easier to have hunts during the week

Comment

0 for alligator. Again. Waiting for draw for gemsbok and oryx.

Comment

Working...
                                X