Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

CDL truck driver opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got caught in the offshore slowdown earlier this year, not finding much out there in my field (diving) and thinking about driving truck OTR. i have a class A with tanker/hazmat endorsements. My question is what are some good companies and what are some to stay away from?
    I'm fine with getting home every few weeks..right now chasing the money id more important than home time.

Thanks for any input.

You might look at hauling gas / diesel in your area...home every night AND it paid pretty good.

Hauling cattle paid REALLY well, but it is ALOT of hours and miles...ALOT.

Comment

Check indeed.com for your area, looks like US Express in Shreveport is paying a 10k sign on bonus right now.

And like BHF said, fuel hauling is good money, night time fuel hauling pays more.

Comment

@boomer453 send me a PM. My dad is an owner operator and is looking to put someone in his truck full time. Most of his work is in the SA area. He is willing to work every once in a while also for a couple days during really busy times if you need a few days off.

Comment

I would look into hauling fuel. Suncoast or some local companies like that.

Running OTR is not appealing to me.

I have dealt with a lot of OTR driver in the past several years and they are nasty people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have heard delivering feul is good paying as well. Been a driver for food service co for 13 years now, delivered beer before that. Money/ benefits are good but work and hrs can be tough.

Comment

I knew a man that drove for Groendyke and he seemed to like the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebs55 View Post
                Have heard delivering feul is good paying as well. Been a driver for food service co for 13 years now, delivered beer before that. Money/ benefits are good but work and hrs can be tough.

Who do you work for??

I am a driver supervisor for Ben E Keith in Houston.

I delivered groceries for 6 years. The hours and work are not near as bad when I delivered beer for a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd contact @TMag on here ;-)

I'm not sure if they're hiring or not.

He works for Belo Tank. They pull pneumatic tankers. They're based in the Houston area.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    I'd contact @TMag on here ;-)

I'm not sure if they're hiring or not.

He works for Belo Tank. They pull pneumatic tankers. They're based in the Houston area.

I think Tmag was officially contacted in post #3

Comment

i'm fresh so out of CDL school (at 50 yrs old) so i'm stuck with finding a company that will take a new guy. right now looking at hauling flatbed for TMC.
                      once i have a few months i may try and get on with haliburton if things keep picking up out west.

Comment

CR England is hiring. I don't think they pay that great, but I know some guys that drive for them and seem to like it.

Comment

Crude oil hauling prob be 70-85k+ a year and easy schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
                            i'm fresh so out of CDL school (at 50 yrs old) so i'm stuck with finding a company that will take a new guy. right now looking at hauling flatbed for TMC.
                            once i have a few months i may try and get on with haliburton if things keep picking up out west.
                            when I started driving 10 years ago I started at TMC went to there flatbed "bootcamp" pretty good company super clean trucks at the time they had a texas only fleet

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                            CR England is hiring. I don't think they pay that great, but I know some guys that drive for them and seem to like it.
                            CR England is ALWAYS hiring and the reason why, THEY SUCK!!!

Comment

I don't about anyone hiring but I sell & install semi truck tires and the local drivers always seem to be in a better mood than the OTR guys

Comment

Working...
                              X