No announcement yet.

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve been hitting it hard since Friday. Saw several good bucks chasing but they seem to run to the next county before they stop. Deer are moving all day and hammering the corn with lack of a good acorn crop. Next two days should be awesome with cold temps and little wind. Good luck, need to start getting ready.

Comment

I’d post some pics but can’t get them to download from IPhone. Too many megs?

Comment

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

NannySlayer and GhostSkull are headed to the lease for a 4 day trip!! We’ll keep y’all updated on any arrows that get slung!! (If I have signal)

YeeYee!!!!!

Ps: (all that sh** in the back seat is his...) so needy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck! Keep us updated.

(Looking at how little there is in the backseat I’m wondering if he will be able to hunt!?! [emoji12])

Comment

Hunted Saturday through Wednesday and other then that first encounter with the drop tine buck it was surprisingly slow. Mostly does and yearling bucks. Did have a big bodied buck trailing 4 does while I was walking out at noon one day. First two does spotted me 20 yards away and spooked before I could see what the buck was. But he looked mature just by judging from his body size . Also saw nice flock of about 15 turkeys and had a nice boar roll through last hunt before i had to head home. I didn't shoot just bc of my location across the creek and the fact I had to get home right after that hunt.

The drop tine buck appears to be mostly nocturnal as he was eating corn at my stand almost nightly as early as 5 am. Had zero pictures of him during daylight all year. Was hoping with the rut going on he would make a mistake chasing a doe. I was kicking myself for not clearing a shooting lane behind me to the left like I planned on doing early in the season. I needed a pole saw. If I had cleared those few branches I would have had a 20 yard chip shot when he came to the grunt call on Saturday. Any guesses on width I was thinking maybe 23-24 inches?

[ATTACH]933883[/ATTACH

Also ran into some guys clearly road hunting the road to the property I hunt and tried driving back past my property(wearing blaze orange hats) -they crossed creek said they were just driving around looking. I told them they needed to leave if they don't have permission-they didn't... tried name dropping and saying they were related to the vippermans (probably a lie). I couldnt figure out why they looked familiar and remembered on an old thread someone posting photos of their drivers licenses when they caught them poaching their land with rifles and shotguns. Ill try to find that thread and repost on here so if you ever run into them you know what they are up to. ]

Good luck to anyone hunting this week! I figure my next trip up will be after Thanksgiving.
            Last edited by mtnbucks26; 10-15-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

That was me who caught the guys and posted pics of their drivers licenses and truck. The guys lived in Snow, OK and drove a lifted grey Tacoma. prob around a 2012 model. If you look at the old push threads from 2-3 years ago I bet you could find those pics. I don't have them any longer now that I shut down my photo bucket account.

Comment

we will have a full camp this week. im hunting sat-mon and then back up again for the last few days of rifle. plan to let some arrows and lead fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                  Good luck! Keep us updated.

(Looking at how little there is in the backseat I’m wondering if he will be able to hunt!?! [emoji12])

Buck jumped across the road when we were coming in. The feeder I’m at went off about 15 minutes ago. Wind died down and temp dropped some. Prime feeding time, 30 minutes til sundown... peeling my eyes open. Not sure if Nathan will chime in.

Comment

Finally quiet...loggers called it a day

Comment

Originally posted by PSE-Madman View Post
                      That was me who caught the guys and posted pics of their drivers licenses and truck. The guys lived in Snow, OK and drove a lifted grey Tacoma. prob around a 2012 model. If you look at the old push threads from 2-3 years ago I bet you could find those pics. I don't have them any longer now that I shut down my photo bucket account.
                      So I just went back and found the photos of those guys and tho they look very similar I can't confirm it was the same guys. Although the guy with the beard was very close ...these guys appeared a bit older. And they were driving a white pickup not the one you had posted . Its a great resource we have to be able to let everyone know when we have things like this happen so we can all be more aware when we may run across similar scenarios or the same ppl. I commend you for getting their drivers licenses. We all spend way too much time and money to have our hard work go to the likes of poachers

Comment

Heading up this evening to hunt the property for the weekend. Spent the last 7 days here in Atoka Co. hunting various places. Rattled in a monster Friday evening who was cruising with a smaller version of himself which I thought was odd.

Buddies I hunt with we’re able to rattle in some smaller bucks and doe action has been minimal. This is all public land so no baiting to gauge food interest. I did see a buck nose to ground on Sunday who didn’t seem interested in my grunt call.

Are you guys seeing rut action still? Rattling has not been effective as it was when I first arrived last week.

I’ve used Mixion for years. He also did the taxi on the buck in my avatar. Good dude. Prices are what you’d expect these days, about $100 for just deer processing no special work.

Comment

After a late start, SOMEONE not wanting to get out of bed, and logging trucks up and down the road I was skunked in the stand I was in. Plus it got cold. Nathan had a few does all around him but none came within view.

Now it’s time to tackle lease chores, stand adjustments, and lunch. Better luck and more layers tonight.

Comment

I saw 3-4 groups of does Friday but didn't see any bucks chasing them.

Even saw a doe with two fawns still.

Seems odd to me.

Comment

anyone else seeing bucks moving?

Comment

Saw three dunks early this morning. Two were feeding together.

Comment

Working...
                                X