Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any correctional officers on the green screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the great Info! I sent him a link to this and see what he says

Comment

Pearland PD has several opening right now for jailers if thats the kinda work he wants..

Comment

I work for the state and have for the last 10 yrs and if I had to do it over now there would be no way I’d go back. With the economy like it is there are lots of better options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m waiting to hear back from him after he reads the replies.

Comment

I worked max in my county right after I graduated H.S to 21 yrs when I got my P.O. license and went patrol. The main thing I remember is how much respect for life/people you lose working the floors. Things may have changed with the newer correctional set ups vs. what we did nearly 30 yrs ago. Several of the guys I worked with went Federal and made retirement. They seemed to enjoy it. I wish your son the best of luck

Comment

For what it is worth the state's standards have dropped. I think some ex-felons are working there now.....lots of folks from some African areas are working there too. I have hired several folks (County Jailers)that worked at TDCJ and they didn't like it at all. Some can do it, lot's can't. If he has no ties to home, I would suggest the fed route. Just my thoughts. If he gets in, he will know pretty quick if he likes it or not. Good luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                Where you at baw? Oakdale! Eleck?
                Pollock!

Comment

Jtrisler my boys were their, Rhodes and Bartlett did you know them, If I wanted the lt job it was mine back when I wanted to transfer, but I couldn't up root the wife shes real family oriented!!

Comment

retired after 18yrs with t.d.c.j worked max, med and transfer unit, the inmates were never a problem, had alot of use of forces but it was just part of the job , never personal, what drives alot of people out it the admint, they spend more time on harping about employees than offenders, it is a thankless job, and at the end of the day your just a number, i would suggest he take a long look at what he enjoys doing the most and find a job in that field.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
                      Jtrisler my boys were their, Rhodes and Bartlett did you know them, If I wanted the lt job it was mine back when I wanted to transfer, but I couldn't up root the wife shes real family oriented!!
                      Oh yeah, I know them!! LOL Same way with me......this is home. I hunt land in Illinois and was tempted to put in for SOR at FCI Greenville. Warden there had just left here. Tempting but I couldn't pull the trigger!

Comment

Working...
                      X