No announcement yet.

County Line One Buck County Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a good question especially if you hunt in a one buck county and are needing to do a little cull buck management but don't want to have your season end because of it.

Comment

I have the same issue. My feeder is in one county and my stand is in a other county. But do I tag the deer for the county it was shot in or the one it was shot from.....

Comment

If you flip the conversation around, wouldn't it be illegal to not tag the buck in the county it was actually in when it was shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
          I don't make the rules, I just follow them. The law says I can kill 1 13" deer in each county. I don't see a gray area here at all, unless you bring into play that he was sitting in the same county when each deer was shot.
          Does it go off where the hunter is sitting or where the buck is standing with the arrow or bullet hits him? Or where the deer dies?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Does it go off where the hunter is sitting or where the buck is standing with the arrow or bullet hits him? Or where the deer dies?
            I have the same situation, the county line is running through my lease. My gamewarden told me it’s what county the deer is standing in when he gets shot

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              I have the same situation, the county line is running through my lease. My gamewarden told me it’s what county the deer is standing in when he gets shot

Sounds like the most logical answer.

Comment

I hunt a place where it's split. And we do kill 2 bucks if there big enuff r to cull. Just kno where the county line is.

Comment

Whats considered the shot...

where the arrow is launched FROM.. or where it hits the target?

Comment

I had a lease that was in 2 counties. There was a dirt road that dissected the lease. One side was Coke county and the other was Runnell county. You could shoot bucks in each county depending on which side of the road you shot him on.

Comment

What if the deer has 2 hooves in one county and 2 hooves in the other when you shot it? Do you have to cut the deer in half and tag each end with the respective tags?

Comment

Originally posted by Oz_Ag View Post
                        What if the deer has 2 hooves in one county and 2 hooves in the other when you shot it? Do you have to cut the deer in half and tag each end with the respective tags?
                        ^^^ Thinking outside the box, I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                          As long as they’re in separate counties.

Yep

Comment

Real simple.

Yes you can shoot both counties worth of deer to a state limit of 5 deer.

It's where the deer was standing and gets shot that counts.

On my place, which is in two counties, our stands/pens are in each county (not across the line) so that makes it easy.

And yes I have GPS coordinates of line and stands.

Comment

My lease is in two counties. I asked the game warden this question and his response was. Yes you can , but I wouldn't recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our place is in Madison and Leon. We have stands set up in both sections we shoot one in leon and one in Madison. As long as he shoots them in separate county.

Comment

Working...
                                X