"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrangerBoars View Post
    Went out this morning and it was beautiful. Right at daybreak i heard a group of pigs squeel loud but never found them.. I did run into about 15 does and 5 bucks. Two of the bucks were giants scoring at least in the 140-160 range..
    What area were you hunting? I'll be out there for the draw hunt. Would love to run in to one of those big boys.

Comment

I was in pecan grove way in the back by the open field. Also saw some of the deer in the food plot across the the bloodreeds on the other side of the valley

Comment

Black dodge 2500

Comment

Originally posted by Genevieve View Post
          I've thought about getting a GPS but I don't know anything about them. Have you ever really had to use it out there?
          It's like a copy of people have said, if you wonder off the trails things start to look the same. I went out to San Gabriel at Hwy95 and hunted on the south side again. The good thing there is that you have the river on and private land on the other. I like to mark things that I see on the GPS. I use it to see where I'm at in relation to when I was there last. Oh and I use to distant traveled to say I went on a 4 mile cross county workout with a 5lb weight in my hand. LOL

Comment

Went out suday afternoon. Not a deer, hog to be seen or heard. I usally see something or at least hear something. And it sure is different from last year now there are no cows. Need to take a machette and cut some hunting trails thru the bloodweed. Man I sure do miss those cows now.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
              I have never duck hunted out there. However many a times I wish I would of brought a shot gun instead of the bow cause there were ducks all over.
              always wondered about duck hunting out at granger. I kayak out there and camp at fox bottom and would like to be able to duck hunt the lake in the morning/evenings, and bow hunt the wma during the day but am unsure on whether or not I could have my shotgun in that campground. Don't think its legal, but there's really no other way to do it. Anyone ever try this?

Comment

Why is it illegal. I plan on it here in a few weeks. They will be duck hunting and I am off looking for pigs.

Comment

Firearms are prohibited in the WMA...so, if you're camping out there what will you do with your shotgun?

Comment

Firearems are not prohibited at Granger WMA - you just can't hunt large game with a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                      Firearms are prohibited in the WMA...so, if you're camping out there what will you do with your shotgun?
                      This is not true. You cannot possess a centerfire rifle, but shotguns are fine on the WMA. You will also see there is a restriction on shot size if you will review your public hunting lands map booklet. The COE parks may be a different story, but on the WMA you would be fine.

Comment

do I have to get a different permit for Granger? I have an archery permit for Lake Georgetown.

Do you need a boat to duck hunt out there? I have several shot guns but no boat and no dog.

Comment

All you need to hunt hogs is a Public lands permit. For ducks I guess you need a duck stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                            This is not true. You cannot possess a centerfire rifle, but shotguns are fine on the WMA. You will also see there is a restriction on shot size if you will review your public hunting lands map booklet. The COE parks may be a different story, but on the WMA you would be fine.
                            Ok, well now I'm confused because I know that where I park at gate 7 to launch there are signs saying no firearms. Is that COE land right around there? I thought it was the san gabriel unit of the WMA?

Comment

Originally posted by 05 gray ghost View Post
                              All you need to hunt hogs is a Public lands permit. For ducks I guess you need a duck stamp.
                              I have a duck stamp, I buy one every year eventhough I don't always use it.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                                Ok, well now I'm confused because I know that where I park at gate 7 to launch there are signs saying no firearms. Is that COE land right around there? I thought it was the san gabriel unit of the WMA?
                                The signs at all gates state that rifles are prohibited on the WMA, except during the closure dates for drawn hunts. Shotgun hunting is allowed for small game, ducks, etc, and I've taken my shotgun into Fox Bottom on a number of occassions.

Comment

Working...
                                X