No announcement yet.

Matagorda County Deer Poached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot on land you only had permission to shoot pigs on?

Seems pretty straight forward to me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
      Are you in the commercial fishing business?
      Just wondering........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes sir, I am a commercial fisherman

Comment

Felony

Originally posted by Killer View Post
        Hope they put him under the jail and stick him with about $25,000 restitution! That might make someone think twice before they pull the trigger on poaching another deer like this!
        If the story is true he is looking at multiple charges!
        1, the different game violations
        2. Felony trespassing
        A person who hunts without landowner consent and kills a desert bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, white-tailed deer or mule deer commits an offense that is a Parks and Wildlife Code state jail felony. Upon conviction, your hunting and fishing license is automatically revoked.

3. Federal restricted firearms charges
        mandatory sentences for suppressor use without any evidence of necessity or purpose. In 1986, an enhanced sentence of 20 years was added for use of a silencer in the commission of a crime. No reason was given. In 1988, the penalty was increased to 30 years.

He needs a good criminal defense attorney for sure

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
          If the story is true he is looking at multiple charges!
          1, the different game violations
          2. Felony trespassing
          A person who hunts without landowner consent and kills a desert bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, white-tailed deer or mule deer commits an offense that is a Parks and Wildlife Code state jail felony. Upon conviction, your hunting and fishing license is automatically revoked.

3. Federal restricted firearms charges
          mandatory sentences for suppressor use without any evidence of necessity or purpose. In 1986, an enhanced sentence of 20 years was added for use of a silencer in the commission of a crime. No reason was given. In 1988, the penalty was increased to 30 years.

He needs a good criminal defense attorney for sure

He might have taken your advice, he wasn't present when my brother picked up his meat today

Comment

What Is the latest? How did he get caught? Curious evidence they have on him as it will be needed for a conviction besides heresy

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
              What Is the latest? How did he get caught? Curious evidence they have on him as it will be needed for a conviction besides heresy
              Facebook said a chip led the GW right to them but I am not putting a lot of faith in that post. The chips I have seen are read only, not a transmitted signal.

Comment

Well considering the picture with the GW is at his processing facility, I'd say there's pretty strong evidence.

Comment

OT:

If the state doesn't own the deer and the state is not responsible for damages in a vehicle vs. deer collision, how is it the state can assign restitution.

Comment

Comment

Not sure what heresy has to do with it.

her·e·sy
                      ˈherəsē/Submit
                      noun
                      belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.
                      "Huss was burned for heresy"
                      synonyms: dissension, dissent, nonconformity, heterodoxy, unorthodoxy, apostasy, blasphemy, freethinking; More
                      opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.
                      "cutting capital gains taxes is heresy"

Comment

Comment

I heard his dad's neighbor saw them unload it and called the GW.

Comment

Was he poached on HF or LF? I just need to know if he was hunting or shopping at the moment the crime was committed. ��

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Not sure what heresy has to do with it.

her·e·sy
                              ˈherəsē/Submit
                              noun
                              belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.
                              "Huss was burned for heresy"
                              synonyms: dissension, dissent, nonconformity, heterodoxy, unorthodoxy, apostasy, blasphemy, freethinking; More
                              opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.
                              "cutting capital gains taxes is heresy"
                              I "hear" what you are trying to "say".

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                                Was he poached on HF or LF? I just need to know if he was hunting or shopping at the moment the crime was committed. ��
                                Low fence.

Comment

Working...
                                X