No announcement yet.

Anderson County Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome buck! Fella is missing a eye. Hope you get him this year!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice buck!!!!!

Comment

great buck!

Comment

Nice looking bucks! We have the same thing going on in our part of Anderson County too.

Good luck this season!

Comment

Here are two that survived last year. Haven't seen them show back up yet between myself and the neighbors. The nine should be a freaking giant this year and we are hoping the wide 8 splits to a 10 at the G2's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                Here are two that survived last year. Haven't seen them show back up yet between myself and the neighbors. The nine should be a freaking giant this year and we are hoping the wide 8 splits to a 10 at the G2's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Good God!

If you don't mind me asking, what general are you in relation to Palestine (i.e. N, S, E, W)? We're due east and have nothing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Good God!

If you don't mind me asking, what general are you in relation to Palestine (i.e. N, S, E, W)? We're due east and have nothing like that.
                  We are SE of Palestine maybe 7-8 miles. Alderbranch/Slocum area. They can be managed out here you just need the right neighbors and fortunately we have he right neighbors. Between all our properties combined there is about 700 acres of dense woods so we can hold em and grow em all being on the same page.

Comment

I hunt north of Palestine closer to Frankston. Haven't seen any monster's like yours yet but I think they are there.

Comment

We didn't harvest one buck between any of us last year. Mainly because they were ghosts, but the ones we did see we let walk. If you can just get them to the 4-5 year old age they can get big out here.

Lot of people shoot them at 2-3 out in this area before they have he chance to really shine.

Comment

I hunt Anderson county back behind the NASA center it's hit or miss with mature bucks

Comment

The oaks were loaded last fall and we got a lot of rain this spring and fed year round. So far, all the bucks we recognize have taken good jumps mostly in mass.

On the flip side of that the hogs have gotten huge. No shortage of bacon out here.

Comment

Wow awesome ETx bucks!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                              We are SE of Palestine maybe 7-8 miles. Alderbranch/Slocum area. They can be managed out here you just need the right neighbors and fortunately we have he right neighbors. Between all our properties combined there is about 700 acres of dense woods so we can hold em and grow em all being on the same page.
                              Gotcha. Our neighbors that hunt are good neighbors in that regard, and we've got the same management mindset, there's just a lot more in the way of pasture where we are. We're working on changing that, but trees are only gonna grow as fast as they're gonna grow. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                Gotcha. Our neighbors that hunt are good neighbors in that regard, and we've got the same management mindset, there's just a lot more in the way of pasture where we are. We're working on changing that, but trees are only gonna grow as fast as they're gonna grow. LOL
                                If you have some heavy tree lines that run from pasture to pasture I would get a tree stand up in there ASAP. I was hunting pasture here the first half of the season last year and I saw 2 total deer. Soon as I moved 150 yards down into the woods I saw deer every single sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X