Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Process of Aquiring a Suppressor....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the process to add people fairly easy?

Thanks y'all, great info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You can add and remove via Amendment, believe it just has to be notarized with all added party signatures while in presence of the notary.

My trust was done by a friend and has worked well. I know there's an attorney out of Atlanta that has supplied several to members of a different board over the years and usually has it back within a couple of days, cost is $99. You might want to check him out:

Dean Phillips
      NFAlawyers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
        My kids are, but listed as beneficiaries.
        Both of mine are listed as beneficiaries as well. You can bump them up to Trustee when they turn 18.

Beneficiaries cannot be in possession as far as I understand it, over 18 or not.

The individual route may be fine for some. However, if you live in a big county you will not get the Chief LEO to sign your form, unless you have some big swing with them.. I would rule that option out for anyone in Dallas/Houston/Austin/SA, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I did some searching, and found a bunch of Form 4, Form 1 wait times...blah blah blah. If this has been gone over before, I apologize, but I'm getting ready to start the process and rather than just ask Mike...I thought others might benefit from a dedicated thread.

What I'm looking for is maybe an outline of the steps in order to get going....I don't know if I need to get forms and take to a gun shop, go to a gun shop and get forms....I've read talk of kiosks involved.

Can anyone lay it out in simple terms for myself and a couple other guys who I know will be reading?

I used the above page as a cheat sheet. Depending on how you print the paperwork, you may be able to disregard his printing instructions as some pages are front/back. I did my trust elsewhere but this looks equally as easy. From what I understand, amending your trust is pretty simple. Good luck. Checks cashed on my Forms 1 and 4 Dec 30!

Comment

Can I do two at once?

Comment

Can I do two at once?

Yes, we bought 6 cans our first purchase.

YOu should be able to have a trust set up and cans bought by the end of the week if you want. You will still have to wait for approval and stamp to be sent to the dealer which is where the waiting comes in.
              Last edited by BrianL; 01-03-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

[emoji15] A 6 pack of cans, he said!

Thanks y'all, this is exactly why I came here for answers.

Comment

Can I do two at once?

Of course!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Office Space.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	24525956

Comment

I did some searching, and found a bunch of Form 4, Form 1 wait times...blah blah blah. If this has been gone over before, I apologize, but I'm getting ready to start the process and rather than just ask Mike...I thought others might benefit from a dedicated thread.

What I'm looking for is maybe an outline of the steps in order to get going....I don't know if I need to get forms and take to a gun shop, go to a gun shop and get forms....I've read talk of kiosks involved.

Can anyone lay it out in simple terms for myself and a couple other guys who I know will be reading?
                    Step 1: Call 512-288-3200

He will answer every question you could possibly think of, and many you'd never think to ask.

Simple enough?

Comment

Did I read there is a new way to go without the trust?

no

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                        Step 1: Call 512-288-3200

He will answer every question you could possibly think of, and many you'd never think to ask.

Simple enough?
                        Is this a lawyer who does this stuff, or just a dude that knows a lot about it?

And thanks for the contact.

Comment

Sean Cody is the man I used to redo my trust after it was not quite right the first time. I wish I had used him first.

SC-Texas on here.

Comment

He be a lawyer. Jim Willi. I've yet to talk to someone who knows trust law more than ol' Willi.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                              He be a lawyer. Jim Willi. I've yet to talk to someone who knows trust law more than ol' Willi.
                              This is who I used. He charges $300. Very easy.

Comment

You have a wife and kids, eventually you will wish it was on a trust. Just go that route from the beginning and save yourself the trouble. So, call Sean Cody or Jim Willi and get a trust. There are others I am sure that are just fine, but either of those two are the easy button.

Next, figure out what can you want and where you are going to get it from. You may have to call around and see who has it in stock, shop prices, whatever. But whatever you do, use a reputable dealer who knows his way around the paperwork. I got jacked by shoddy paperwork filing on one of mine, and my wait ended up 13 months instead of the 6 it should have been at the time. Basically it was disapproved due to having the wrong serial number on the paperwork and had to be filed a second time. At any rate, use someone reputable that you know can get it right the first time. Not to mention a good dealer can make the whole rest of the process much simpler.

A good dealer will file the form-4's for you, and very well might be able to take care of the photos and fingerprints in house as well. Some will, some won't. If they don't, you can get the passport photos at Wal-Mart or Walgreens for $10. Each responsible person on your trust will need 2 photos. You will also need 2 fingerprint cards for each responsible person on your trust as well. You will also need a copy of your trust for the dealer to send in with your paperwork as well.

6 of my cans were pre-41F, only one was post 41F, so I am not as up on the fingerprint and photo part of it. But the basic process has been outlined pretty well for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X