No announcement yet.

2017 Dodge, Ford or Chevy 4x4 Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy supposed to have a big upgrade to the duramax in 2017 or is that 2018? I'm super pleased with my 2016 Ram, 30k miles only so obviously not a lot of running room yet but I wouldn't hesitate to buy again at this point.

Comment

I have had a diesel in all 3 and I liked my duramax, but love my 2017 Ram!

P.S - The 3/4 tone Ram has a 5 link rear coil spring sispension that is supose to improve the ride quality with out sacrificing tow ability or payload.

All 3 are good truck though!

Comment

I'll only have duramaxes for now on the other two have given me tons of issues. I have a whole saler that buys me basically new trucks cheap and right now ford is a screwed up situation.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
          I'll only have duramaxes for now on the other two have given me tons of issues. I have a whole saler that buys me basically new trucks cheap and right now ford is a screwed up situation.
          Found your problem...

Comment

2017 Ford 250 here, love the thing! Never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by 7m STW View Post
              You get what you pay for. They're wholesale for a reason

Comment

Bought my wife a new 4wd Ram last week. By far it has the smoothest ride, got more for our money, and the best warranty (lifetime powertrain warranty was thrown in by the dealer). For us the Ram was the best.

Comment

Go drive them all, they all have their pros and cons, when I bought my truck it was for the deal, and that's why I'm in a 2016 F250, it's a great truck and when it comes time to buy another it will probably be a new ford, I just think the new fords look slick

Comment

Anything but Dodge

I'll take a solid front axle out of the two remaining..

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      Any real world experience on these, all are close in price. For reliability which one.

Thanks
                      It would be hard to determine the reliability of the Ford or the GM 17s because they are too new.
                      The Ford has pretty much the same engine and drive train that they had in the older models, but everything else is new.
                      The 17 duramax is brand new and shares very little with the outgoing duramax.

Personally I think the Ford is the best looking truck.

Drive them all and take your pick. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Comment

FORD then Ram, for the solid front axle, Chevy is a no go in my book...I drive a 16 F250 6.7L...

Comment

Have the Ford with 8200 miles, trying to dump this pos and get a Chevy. Although I've heard the new duramaxes have blown some turbos with low miles.

Comment

Chevy

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                            In all honesty all three are great trucks just the dodge and chevy are a bit outdated right now. The dodge body is almost 8 years old and chevy is what almost 16 years old?
                            Not sure about the dodge but Chevy's current bodystyle came out in 2014 and the current Duramax is in its first year.

Comment

Looking at a 17 Ford 250 but I need to pull a 25+5 dual tandem gooseneck with a smaller 15,000 lb dozer on occasion. I have a 13 duramax now but haven't tried to pull it in fear of the rear end not handling it. Should I go with a dually?

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                                Have the Ford with 8200 miles, trying to dump this pos and get a Chevy. Although I've heard the new duramaxes have blown some turbos with low miles.
                                Can you elaborate on what issues you have? You have the 2017 right? This is the first ive heard of issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X