Rocks to prevent school shootings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocks to prevent school shootings?

I just saw this on the local news website.

The buckets are kept in classroom closets.
    Kenneth Trump, president of the Cleveland-based National School Safety and Security Services, a K-12 security consulting firm, calls the idea illogical and irrational and said it could possibly cost lives.
    He said the efforts fill an emotional security need, but don't actually enhance security.

Attached Files

Comment

Not the perfect solution but I dont think it is an awful bad idea.
      Get pelted with a few big rocks in the noggin and probably wont be shooting much more.
      I would rather have teachers locked and loaded but this is better than just cowering under a desk.

Comment

Slingshots and ball bearings would be better but at least they won't be completely defenseless. People in other countries hit people with rocks until they die when they do something bad. It probably happens every day. I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Comment

Better than huddling into the corner of the classroom with your head between your knees kissing your own azz good by.

Of course, we know on The Green Screen that the most effective way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. We NEED to train and arm teachers that are willing to take on that responsibility. Period!

Comment

How about a bucket of old wrenches, throwing stars made be shop class students, horseshoes. One or two ( per class ) students to take ninja classes.

Or maybe just 1 teacher with a pistol

Comment

This is dumb. When the 1st rock thrower gets smoked, panic will set in and the rocks will still be there. I guess its an attempt, but pretty weak.

Comment

Rocks are not ideal, but its better than training the students to go hide under a desk and wait to be shot. For years our school systems have been training our kids to not stand up for themselves.

Comment

I think the people against arming a teacher visualizes dozens of teachers all in different places searching for the active shooter and randomly shooting down halls.
                  The message needs to be more clear. 1-4 competently trained staff actively searching and confronting a shooter and dozens more behind locked doors in rooms full of students using the weapon only as a last resort. My last resort can't be a bucket of anything, it can't be conflict resolution, it can't be erasers. It absolutely has to be a gun

Comment

I did read somewhere of a rubber door stop for class room doors that open inward. Basically have it mounted somehow, if something goes south grab it and jam it behind the door.

Comment

There are tons of weapons in a school that are better than rocks. Scissors broke in half make two knives,chairs,lap tops and desk hurt when you get hit in the face with them. And did we forget about paper cutters? There's basically a machete attached to the side of a board. Break that and cut someone's head off with it. Get creative people seriously. Don't just hide in a closet or under a desk like a dope. Fight back.

Comment

Good guy with a gun versus a bad guy with a gun is more reasonable.

A snowflake brought up the rock idea. My wife is an elementary teacher and laughed at the rock concept.

Comment

Unless it is a class full of Baseball players throwing the rocks it may be kind of on the inept side.

Comment

Even without training if you are cornered and have a gun to defend yourself you'll probably be able to pull the trigger....

Comment

Bringing rocks to a gun fight. Genius!

Comment

Working...
                              X