Calling all IT gurus please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all IT gurus please help!

Hooking up 2 84” tv’s to a click share system. Router is centered between them 2 50’ HDMI cables running thru a booster splitter feeding the no signal. Hook them up individualy 50’ HDMI cable no signal. Hook same setup up 6’ hdmi cable and works perfectly! Is it the fact they bought cheap hdmi cables? I have to have this working NO MATTER WHAT By Monday for a kick off meeting for 200 people at Exxon Mobil, or I’m the jackwagon. I am going to try a higher grade cable tomorrow.
    Last edited by Kurdawg; 07-13-2018, 05:28 PM.

Are you really meaning to indicate "50 foot" HDMI cables, with your (50')?

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick2012 View Post
      Are you really meaning to indicate "50 foot" HDMI cables, with your (50')?
      Yes!

Comment

The HDMI extenders are really hit or miss. A higher quality cable may help, but it's a gamble. If you want to do it right, you need an HDMI over ethernet booster. Maybe can overnight one from Amazon, not sure if you could find one local...

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Samson; 07-13-2018, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
          The HDMI extenders are really hit and miss. A higher quality cable may help, but it's a gamble. If you want to do it right, you need an HDMI over ethernet booster. Maybe can overnight one from Amazon, not sure if you could find one local...

That’s same as Cat5 converter? I know no Best Buy’s have one.

Comment

Not sure what your setup is, but there may be some configuring on the HDMI and USB ports. I hooked up a Dell 87 they other day and the ports are paired up, I think 1 and 2 HDMI pair with USB 1 and HDMI 3,4 paired with USB 2. I had a wireless router on USB 2 and the system needed to be in HDMI 3 or 4, it was in 1... took me a while, but RTFM came into play. Also if they are newer models you can setup Miracast with newer laptops and wifi. What kind of setup are you trying to pair up ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
              That’s same as Cat5 converter? I know no Best Buy’s have one.
              Something like this:

Don't know if you have a Fry's local...

Comment

Something like this:

No closest ont about 1.5 hours away

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
                  Not sure what your setup is, but there may be some configuring on the HDMI and USB ports. I hooked up a Dell 87 they other day and the ports are paired up, I think 1 and 2 HDMI pair with USB 1 and HDMI 3,4 paired with USB 2. I had a wireless router on USB 2 and the system needed to be in HDMI 3 or 4, it was in 1... took me a while, but RTFM came into play. Also if they are newer models you can setup Miracast with newer laptops and wifi. What kind of setup are you trying to pair up ?
                  No port are figured correctly laptops I have won’t mirror, but what the hell we have a company Card and I was instructed no matter what no matter cost it better work!

Comment

Something like this:

So how many of these do I need for 2 TVs? 2?

Comment

Also tv’s only have HDMI plugs does it convert it back to HDMI?

Comment

50' HDMI cables are probably directional. Look at each end of the cable and see if it's labeled source and TV. If so it matters which way they are plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
                          Also tv’s only have HDMI plugs does it convert it back to HDMI?
                          It has 2 pieces with each set. 1 side you put at your source, it converts to a signal that can leverage cat 5/6. At the TV you put the decoder that converts the signal back to HDMI. Since you have 2 tvs you would need 2 sets.

Comment

It has 2 pieces with each set. 1 side you put at your source, it converts to a signal that can leverage cat 5/6. At the TV you put the decoder that converts the signal back to HDMI. Since you have 2 tvs you would need 2 sets.

10-4 we bought new cables and some other thing that is supposed to let the TV’s mirror each other today if that doesn’t work looks like I’m headed to Houston tomorrow for the converters and cables.

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                              50' HDMI cables are probably directional. Look at each end of the cable and see if it's labeled source and TV. If so it matters which way they are plugged in.
                              Doesn’t make sense but 1st thing I will check tomorrow morning thank you. I didn’t run the cables dam elections did out of a sciccor lift

Comment

Working...
                              X