No announcement yet.

Hourly VS Salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It really depends on the industry as many are different.

With that said, for a large segment of the corporate world, there is a perceived difference and whether it's right or not, many in Executive management believe exempt employees are paid to get the job done, while non-exempt employees are just paid for their time. I'd also lean to say that salaried positions in general have more room for upward movement as compared to hourly; especially in the latter half of a career.

Again, it really depends and all compensation/benefit factors should be examined. There's no right or wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      This is a very important point and can’t be overstated. Whether or not it’s been discussed, family time is important. Way more important IMO than a few extra $$ on a paycheck. Your family relationship will be stronger and for me, there ain’t enough $$ in the world for me to sacrifice that any more than I have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      very true! kids aren't getting any younger and neither am I

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
        It really depends on the industry as many are different.

With that said, for a large segment of the corporate world, there is a perceived difference and whether it's right or not, many in Executive management believe exempt employees are paid to get the job done, while non-exempt employees are just paid for their time. I'd also lean to say that salaried positions in general have more room for upward movement as compared to hourly; especially in the latter half of a career.

Again, it really depends and all compensation/benefit factors should be examined. There's no right or wrong answer.
        yes, basically, what is the job worth to you?

Comment

Working...
        X