Battery Powered Mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Powered Mower

I know this may just seem Taboo to some of ya'll, but I'm thinking pretty strongly about getting one of those battery powered push mowers. We moved into a house in a neighborhood that has us packed in there like sardines. Love the house, and don't mind the neighborhood scene for now. I've got a very small yard, and nowhere to put a regular mower. These battery powered mower fold up and hang on the wall, which is awesome for my small space. I could just join the rest of the yuppies in the neighborhood and pay someone to do it but the redneck in me can NOT justify paying anyone $100.00 a month to cut such a small amount of grass! SO, does anyone have any experience in the battery powered push mowers?

I jumped in on the Ego stuff towards the end of the summer and am very happy so far. Have the mower with 7.5ah battery, a blower with 5ah battery and the line trimmer with 2.5ah. I could easily mow my yard plus 2 neighbors on one charge of the big battery and hold a conversation on my cell phone the entire time - it's that quiet. Even has headlights so I can do it at night. The only down side so far is that the blade does not mulch all that well. I've seen where others replaced with an aftermarket that does a better job and I will do the same soon.

The blower is loud but only because it's got the power of a gas unit and any fan would be that loud. It's 2 speed and on the high setting it will drain the battery fairly quickly but I've always finished my yard just fine. Line trimmer is rock solid with plenty of punch to edge my walkways.

Comment

I bought Diane an EGO last year and she loves it. Since she mows the yard immediately around the house now, I love it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've heard nothing but good reviews thus far. Looks like I'm gonna jump in as well.

Comment

I have the Ryobi with the 40v rechargeable batteries. Works perfect for a small lot and has paid for itself many times over the past 2 years. Batteries can permanently die on you tho which is the only downfall as they are ~$90 a pop

Comment

Working...
          X