Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water trailer

Hey Guys,

Here is the latest project. With all the dry weather this trailer will have multiple purposes. First being we do not have running water at camp this trailer will make it easy to feel our water barrels that run on a 12v system.
    This trailer will also be used to haul water to our water stations. Last, I will you this trailer to help water a few of our food plots. We only have a couple of small places to plant. I am working on how to do this now. I am going to install some sort of sprinkler system.
    Attached Files

What kind of pump you runnung?

Comment

looks good

Comment

What we learned quickly about a water trailer is to double strap everything down. Lots of weight bouncing around.....

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Hmmmm... that's a 300 gallon tote, times 8.3lbs per gallon = 2490 pounds alone for the water if you fill it completely full.... Will that size trailer support that much weight?

Comment

[QUOTE=lrich;4010143]What kind of pump you runnung?[/QUOTE

This is a 3/12 hp motor. I is a motor that my dad had pumping water out of the lake to run his sprinkler system.

Comment

Originally posted by CBMatt View Post
                Hmmmm... that's a 300 gallon tote, times 8.3lbs per gallon = 2490 pounds alone for the water if you fill it completely full.... Will that size trailer support that much weight?
                We are going to address this soon. It can only handle it around 3/4 full. On our rougher lease roads I will probably have to put it on a bigger trailer to haul it in. I think we could strap it on my bigger trailer and be fine.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

That thing is pretty sweet! Good job! I wanted to build one similar but never could find a deal on a good used pump.

Comment

looks good. paint it black to prevent algae from growing in it so quickly. it blocks the sunlight.

Comment

Originally posted by CBMatt View Post
                        That is what I was thinking.

Comment

Love the idea. Just be careful with loading up that axle.

Comment

That is nice, good job!

Comment

well done

Comment

Working...
                              X