Working on an idea for a camp shower stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on an idea for a camp shower stall

OK, all you DIYer's - I've seen ideas around here for camp showers (D-Mo had a build-along on a nice shower house) and I want to do something similar since we are going to put together a water tote and pump system for the lease. One idea I had is to make a free standing shower stall out of a plastic vertical water tank similar to this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	24851398

The one pictured is 46" in diameter and 81" tall. My thought is to cut a hinged door in the side, put a drain in the bottom and cut a hole up high to attach a shower head. It would sit on the ground (or raised on blocks) next to the small trailer utility trailer that holds the water tote, pump and electric water heater. I would have to figure a way to anchor it - they are fairly light and would be prone to blow over. The advantage over a shower house would be it is easy to move. What do you think? Any ideas? Pros and cons?

Could attach it to a deck that can be incorporated to fold down and fit onto the trailer that also carries the water.

Comment

Maybe bolted to a 52X52 plastic pallet? (Stainless pan head bolts with large washers)

needs a light

Click image for larger version

Name:	pr404809lqlg.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	23993725

Comment

get a longer trailer....mount it to the trailer assuming your tote system is trailer mounted.... neat idea where did you find these tanks?

Comment

[QUOTE=Big_gun;3779547]get a longer trailer....mount it to the trailer assuming your tote system is trailer mounted.... neat idea where did you find these tanks?[/QUOTE]

I just Googled vertical water tanks to see what sizes they came in - there are quite a few on the internet but when the time comes I'll need to find a dealer in the DFW area. The cheapest I saw that size selling for was around $350. Even better, maybe I can get lucky and find a used one somewhere for cheap. I was also thinking it would be good to wire a small light in the top and maybe a heat lamp.

Comment

Just give each other sponge baths in Super charged scent killer

Comment

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Putting it on a plastic pallet is a good idea but it will need to be anchored to something heavy. If you don't want to install a drain you could just drill a few holes in the bottom. I'd just put one of the little battery powered dome lights in it. I would not want to incorporate electricity near the water personally.

Comment

[quote=jerp;3779564]
                Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                get a longer trailer....mount it to the trailer assuming your tote system is trailer mounted.... neat idea where did you find these tanks?[/QUOTE]

I just Googled vertical water tanks to see what sizes they came in - there are quite a few on the internet but when the time comes I'll need to find a dealer in the DFW area. The cheapest I saw that size selling for was around $350. Even better, maybe I can get lucky and find a used one somewhere for cheap. I was also thinking it would be good to wire a small light in the top and maybe a heat lamp.

A heat lamp would add enough light, you wouldnt need both. run some PVC throught the grate and out away from the shower so it wouldnt be a sloppy mess as soon as you stepped out... Seems like a cool Idea.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                    I wouldt want to use a sticky light in there, where temps could get warm and wet it may fall off..

Run Electricity to the very top for a heat lamp, and a shower head a few inches down.... keep all electric wires outside and you shouldnt have a problem.

Comment

Something like this...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                        I wouldt want to use a sticky light in there, where temps could get warm and wet it may fall off..

Run Electricity to the very top for a heat lamp, and a shower head a few inches down.... keep all electric wires outside and you shouldnt have a problem.
                        They have these new things out called screws

Just messin w ya. I agree i would not use it as a stick on was just referencing it as a concept.

Comment

The problem I see, is having a place to put your stuff....clothes, towel, shaving bag, etc... Plus it's gonna be a cold mf'er when you get out of there to dry off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            The problem I see, is having a place to put your stuff....clothes, towel, shaving bag, etc... Plus it's gonna be a cold mf'er when you get out of there to dry off.
                            No need to get out to dry off. I dry off inside the shower at home. Just put a towel peg just outside the door so you can just crack the door and pull your towel in.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                              They have these new things out called screws

Just messin w ya. I agree i would not use it as a stick on was just referencing it as a concept.

I was also thinking corrosion from water around the bateries, wouldnt take long before your silver energizer was copperish green!

Comment

Working...
                              X