Dogs and water snakes question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs and water snakes question

My dog loves to go swimming in the tank. She'll go down there by herself and come back to the house soaking wet. Anyway, we've usually don't see many snakes (Grayson county). There are a ton of turtles that I figured kept them thinned out. I keep the grass around the tank mowed pretty regularly. Today, I ran over a diamond back water snake on top of the tank dam. I threw it in the tank and then saw another one swimming. I did not kill it. I do wonder, however, if I should kill them because of the dog. Even though they're not venomous, they can still attack and could probably shock my dog enough that she might freak out and drown. I also wondered if having certain snakes will attract other, venomous snakes. Thoughts?

Dogs and snakes have been coexisting for years. No fangs on that one, so know worries IMO.

Comment

Water snakes ain't gonna hurt nuthin but sceerdy cats.
      Cottonmouths however evolved over in Fannin county and I am sure have spread to every single body of water in all the surrounding counties since the river is their main highway. Better keep your eyes peeled.

Comment

I kill all the water snakes I can. Can't stand them.

Comment

Working...
        X