Speed Loader Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Loader Question

Does a speed loader for a revolver the same for a 454 casull as a 44 magnum?

Is the rim size the same? I wold think that if the base size of the cases is the same then any speed loader for the 454 would fit the 44 and vice versa. As long as they were the same make of revolver.
    Last edited by SabreKiller; 05-01-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

454 = 45 Colt I believe.

If you are talking the "speed strips" you could use a 45 Colt. For the 5/6 at a time wheel loaders you would have to match the gun. Example. I could load 38spl in a 357 mag speed loader designed for a Ruger sp101.

Comment

What on God's earth are you shooting that you need a speedy follow up with a 454

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
          What on God's earth are you shooting that you need a speedy follow up with a 454
          Shoot six, apply wrist splint, load six more. Yeah, I can see it !

Comment

Very doubtful. Not only does the rim size not match, your cylinder size, therefore the spacing between the holes, will be different. I have a 44 special Taurus snubbie. I assumed that a speed loader for a 44 special Charter Arms bulldog would work. It's not a perfect fit, but close enough to use. The CA is slightly smaller in diameter.

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
              Tin cans.

Comment

Thanx for the responses fellas, I figured it out.

Bear hunt in Idaho. This, along with tennis shoes, are my back up!

Hunting with dogs! Others will have rifles and probably wear heavy boots!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  Tin cans.
                  Yah, tin cans are hard to kill. I've had to shoot one more than 25 times with a .22 before I was convinced it was dead.

Good luck with your hunt Todd. Hunting bear with a pistol was a dream I had as a young man.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                    Thanx for the responses fellas, I figured it out.

Bear hunt in Idaho. This, along with tennis shoes, are my back up!

Hunting with dogs! Others will have rifles and probably wear heavy boots!

Why such a big gun? All you need is a .22..........,,

To shoot whoever is with you in the kneecap! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X