Easement issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darton View Post
    If you aren't the owner and they aren't either then there is really nothing to debate. Neither of you have authority to do anything.
    Unless the landowner has told him that he can.

Then the op can talk to the neighbor landowner

Comment

The best advice I can give you is to seek legal counsel. BUT, it sounds as if this is a matter to be handled with the two land owners and not the people that lease from them. We just covered a similar question in some training in a real estate course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
        I am not 100% sure but I think that in Texas, you cannot land-lock a property owner. In other words, if your property is the only way a landowner can get to their land, then you can't stop them from using your property to get to their land. Again, I am not 100% sure.
        Not true.
        It can happen. Seen it done first hand. Seen it even go to court. In the end, several landowners were locked out. They eventually sold out to the guy that locked them out. That little ole 40 acre parcel is now a 1100 acre high fence game ranch just north of Carthage.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
          Unless the landowner has told him that he can.

Then the op can talk to the neighbor landowner
          If that is the case then it better be documented. I don’t know of any land owner that would delegate that type of authority.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
            Not true.
            It can happen. Seen it done first hand. Seen it even go to court. In the end, several landowners were locked out. They eventually sold out to the guy that locked them out. That little ole 40 acre parcel is now a 1100 acre high fence game ranch just north of Carthage.
            My dad bought a ranch in The hill country in the mid 80's that was landlocked. Big city owner ****** off the old man he needed an easement from. Guy had owned the place for 2 years and only been on it twice since buying...both times by helicopter. Dad made a deal on the easement, THEN bought the land for a deep discount.
            Last edited by JeffJ; 11-29-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              What did the other hunters say when you contacted them and asked them to stop crossing onto your lease near your feeder?
              What did the other hunters say when you contacted them and asked them to stop crossing onto your lease near your feeder?

Comment

Not the case

Originally posted by flyin7 View Post
                I am not 100% sure but I think that in Texas, you cannot land-lock a property owner. In other words, if your property is the only way a landowner can get to their land, then you can't stop them from using your property to get to their land. Again, I am not 100% sure.
                My next door neighbor had another neighbor try to clear an easement through his property, long story short they went all the way to Supreme Court and my neighbor won. No easement and he is land locked.

Comment

Im not going to get into it with those guys. For all they know, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. It will be between land owners and not leasers. Also, I know they have been hunting there longer that I have and currently have established stands/feeders/traps set. I won't be the guy who starts a war like that in the middle of the season. I currently have an option to buy both properties I am hunting on if we can ever get a deal worked out. If that happens I'm going straight to the steel yard for some pipe.

Comment

With out the land owner you got nothing. Talk to them. They are all that matters. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      Im not going to get into it with those guys. For all they know, they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. It will be between land owners and not leasers. Also, I know they have been hunting there longer that I have and currently have established stands/feeders/traps set. I won't be the guy who starts a war like that in the middle of the season. I currently have an option to buy both properties I am hunting on if we can ever get a deal worked out. If that happens I'm going straight to the steel yard for some pipe.
                      You haven’t even spoken to them about it? Start a war? Just by discussing it? I believe I would have asked them who gave them permission to cross your leased land. You can have a discussion and still be civil without starting s feud. Perhaps they think you are okay with it since you didn’t speak up.

Comment

You haven’t even spoken to them about it? Start a war? Just by discussing it? I believe I would have asked them who gave them permission to cross your leased land. You can have a discussion and still be civil without starting s feud. Perhaps they think you are okay with it since you didn’t speak up.
                        Ok

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would give them a heads up that is not an easement and the road will be closed. Neighborly but not required, but you never know when your wounded buck of s lifetime might jump on to them.

Comment

If there are no easements on the property that have been recorded or written between the landowners and the landowner has given you authorization to make improvements (Gates, Fences, Walls, etc) to the property. Then you are well within your rights to put up a fence, gate, wall. The other party (landowner not the lessee's) would be responsible for making the claim of having a prescriptive easement, adverse possession, and any other property right.

Posting signs and engaging with the other parties would be the recommended first step though. Certified letter to the other landowner wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Comment

Ok

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                              I’m just saying that, many times, issues can, and should, be resolved by first discussing it and letting them know you have a problem with their crossing. If they have been doing that for a long time they may assume it is okay, especially if you spoke with them and didn’t let them know it was not okay.

Comment

Working...
                              X