Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowhunters Support this Legend!!! I completely do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunters Support this Legend!!! I completely do!

Dr. Ashby for the BOWHUNTERS HALL OF FAME!!! Let your voices be heard in support as his support of what WE do is OFF the CHARTS.

Dr. Ed Ashby has invested 27 years in the study of arrow performance and broadhead lethality. His testing is the closest thing to the scientific method as is possible under the testing conditions. Never before has anyone tested arrow and broadheads on actual game animals on such a scale. Bowhunters everywhere owe Dr. Ashby a debt of gratitude as he his data reveals which broadheads and arrows perform the best on game animals.

In 1969, a group of archers were setting around the dinner table at a Professional Archers Association tournament in Michigan. The subject came up about different sports who had halls of fames and one of the tournament officials said, "Wouldn't it be something if someday archery could have a Hall of Fame like other sports have. The seed was sown and that was how it all began. At that time is was really just a dream …

… but in 1971 The Archery Hall of Fame, Inc. became a reality when the idea was presented to the American Archery Council (AAC). It was a vision and sense of history that prompted them to offer total commitment to an organization that would promulgate every facet of the sport. The Hall would be a way of recognizing those people who had moved the sport forward via their contributions, to be a repository of the memorabilia that changed the sport, and most importantly to be an educational resource for future archers. In 1972 the Hall became a part of the AAC and held its first induction ceremony in Grayling, Michigan,

Since then it has been the mission of The Archery Hall of Fame & Museum, Inc., to honor those outstanding members of the archery community through the process of induction into its Hall of Fame. As an integral part of its existence, the Hall seeks to preserve the history and tradition of Archery and Bowhunting for future generations. For more information, add your voice to the discussion or begin your own recommending Dr. Ed Ashby’s nomination!!!

Let me be first:
    Dr. Ashby has earned his place among the legends of bowhunters!

Comment

Agree.

Comment

He should be in for sure. Has done the most scientific research on how to kill really big game with archery equipment. I wish we could get everyone who shoots bigger animals to read what he has to say. A very intelligent man, great bowhunter and a true resource for archery.

Comment

I agree, his articles are why I use the broadheads I do.

Comment

Good guy.....what is Ashbys head of choice?

Comment

without a doubt

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                Rage!

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
                  I would imagine a "Razor Sharp" one...

Comment

Absolutely belongs in there

Comment

For sure he should be there. Bob Lee is also in line, and may have made it already.
                      Ashby gave a seminar at the Pope and Young Club convention here in Dallas, this past year and it was awesome. He demonstrated arrow weight and energy. He used a bow he made that maybe pulled 5 pounds and would lop different weight arrows with it across the stage. You can read about it all day long but once you see it demonstrated you finally can see those heavy arrows fly further..... due to kinetic energy.
                      The guy has dedicated his life to the sport, is down to earth, a great family man and for sure should be in the Archery Hall of Fame.

Comment

Copy of Letter from SCI giving full support!!!

This letter was just sent from the Houston Chapter of SCI on behalf of Dr. Ashby! LSBA will also be sending a solid letter of support. Folks if you would please add your voice to this thread it would be heart-felt appreciated.

July 19, 2014

Mr. Rick McKinney
                        549 E. Silver Creek Road
                        Gilbert, AZ 85296

Dear Mr. McKinney:

It has come to our attention that Dr. Ed Ashby has been nominated for consideration as an inductee to the Archery Hall of Fame. SCI Houston First for Hunters supports his nomination due to his tremendous research, his dedication to the continuation of this research, and the amazing fact that he has never requested nor anticipated compensation for 27 years of tireless study and the free sharing of all the results.

As a community of hunters we can agree if it were not for the efforts of those involved in the 1985 Natal Arrow Lethality testing, and Dr. Ashby being one of the key members of that team, bowhunting may never have been legalized again in Africa. The ground breaking research on live and freshly killed animals proved beyond a doubt that the proper arrow and broadhead combination was entirely capable of quickly and humanely dispatching all African game. This research subsequently resulted in the harvesting of countless elephant, giraffe, and Cape buffalo with archery equipment that continues today. All of this was monumental for bowhunting, opening up opportunities for archery hunting throughout the world.

What has Dr. Ashby’s research meant for bowhunting:
                        • Now bowhunters can hunt any animal on earth with complete confidence their archery equipment is an effective, and above all, ethical and humane means for killing any big game they decide to hunt.
                        • Never in the history of bowhunting has anyone isolated an arrow mass that can assure a bowhunter who is using the proper arrows and broadheads of penetrating heavy bone and still reach the vitals.
                        • Never has anyone discovered how the percentage of FOC (forward of center) can increase the penetration potential of arrows.
                        • Never has anyone dedicated themselves to such intense research for such a long period of years, and then published it all with no anticipation of remuneration whatsoever, rather doing so only for the betterment of bowhunting and the greater success of bowhunters everywhere.

The impact of Dr. Ed Ashby’s research is an amazing contribution to the sport of bowhunting, and for the reasons listed above SCI Houston First for Hunters believes that Dr. Ed Ashby is an excellent candidate for induction into the Archery Hall of Fame. Therefore, SCI Houston First for Hunters unanimously endorses him for consideration. On behalf of SCI Houston First for Hunters and myself, thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Rob Neilson

Rob Neilson
                        Bowhunter Director
                        SCI Houston First for Hunters Youth Hunter Education Program Chair

Comment

Absolutely!

Comment

In a sport largely driven by opinion/perception Dr. Asyby took a systematic/un-biased approach to data collection driving in what is my mind the only project of it's nature. The man simply put it all out there with fact not fiction.

he gets my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
                              In a sport largely driven by opinion/perception Dr. Asyby took a systematic/un-biased approach to data collection driving in what is my mind the only project of it's nature. The man simply put it all out there with fact not fiction.

he gets my vote.
                              That is EXACTLY what the majority of bowhunters don't know about Dr. Ashby! It changed everything........and continues to. Great post sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X