Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting license question for TBH legal staff....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting license question for TBH legal staff....

I have always wondered this, what’s the TBH’s legal staff and opinion experts thoughts on this. Assume you are up at your place, lease or club and you hunt morning and evening. After dark you decide to run into town for a Subway or whatever. You leave your license in your camo pants back at camp. Waiting in line with you at Subway is the local county GW. If you started chatting about the hunting and the fact that you hunted earlier that day, could he get technical on asking for your license. Said another way, when does one go from hunting to not hunting? It’s all hypothetical and this scenario has never happened, just curious.

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
    Said another way, when does one go from hunting to not hunting? It’s all hypothetical and this scenario has never happened, just curious.
    My guess would be probably when you're not hunting...

-Highly Respected since 2014

Comment

You have to have license on you WHILE HUNTING.

Comment

When actually hunting, or fishing public water, you must possess the valid license. You don’t need it at the grocery store, ballpark, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          You have to have license on you WHILE HUNTING.
          I understand. So is one hunting when sitting at deee camp? GWs pop into camp all the time and ask for licenses? Folks are not actively hunting at that moment?

Comment

I guess technically he could ask to see your hunting license however, he could not cite you for not having it because you are not hunting at the time.

Don’t over think it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats just to check and see if they should come back later and check who all IS hunting. 4 guys at camp, 3 with a license. He'll likely be back to check the guy with no license.

Comment

I think I have watched to much Lone Star Law! Lol. I never carry my license around. It stays in my camo bibs or whatever I am hunting in that weekend. So I thought I would ask.

Comment

Prolly just like a drivers license? But I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn last night

Comment

Honor system.

Comment

I understand. So is one hunting when sitting at deee camp? GWs pop into camp all the time and ask for licenses? Folks are not actively hunting at that moment?

Correct but the conversation usually starts with, “have you been hunting” or “had any luck”. Or some sort of question that would illicit a response which would lead the warden to reasonably believe that you have been hunting or simply get you to say that you’ve been hunting. Now chances are that your license will be in camp, not at the subway sandwich shop in town or not back at home 4hrs away. At this point you better be able to produce your license or you will be cited for hunting without a license.

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                        Correct but the conversation usually starts with, “have you been hunting” or “had any luck”. Or some sort of question that would illicit a response which would lead the warden to reasonably believe that you have been hunting or simply get you to say that you’ve been hunting. Now chances are that your license will be in camp, not at the subway sandwich shop in town or not back at home 4hrs away. At this point you better be able to produce your license or you will be cited for hunting without a license.

But, but, but.... I left it at Subway!

Comment

My crazy Redneck uncle had a major uproar on the trinity river one time. He was heading down the river with rods in the boat but not fishing yet. He gets stopped by GW and asked for a fishing license he refused because he said he was not fishing and had no fish in the boat. This turned ugly and 3 other GW’s showed up and threatened jail he said no problem. In the end they let him go and he never showed it.

He had his issues with the GW’s for a ticket that he did not agree with a few months prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Dilly Dilly!

Comment

But, but, but.... I left it at Subway!

After he finishes checking out your hunting partners, and he follows you to subway to retrieve it, you better hope it’s with your wallet at the checkout counter where you left it...

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                              After he finishes checking out your hunting partners, and he follows you to subway to retrieve it, you better hope it’s with your wallet at the checkout counter where you left it...

Could you imagine the BS these guys have to tolerate?

Comment

Working...
                              X