Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abctx View Post
    So you're the jerk who always double parks in the Lowe's parking lot???😜
    LOL...I am way out at the end there waiting for a TBH express..

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
      I'm teenage girl drama .
      Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by RobinHood View Post
        I got you beat. [emoji16]
        294,000 on my 6.0.
        I get 18.5 mpg after I got it deleted. Even when pulling, I get better than my 1/2 ton.
        I'm at 17.5 -18 ....much better than any Tundra that's for sure...and probably double the MPG of most gassers while towing anything.

Can't believe that 6.0 has held together that long or have you had it repaired?. My dad and brother couldn't keep theirs together.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I'm at 17.5 -18 ....much better than any Tundra that's for sure...and probably double the MPG of most gassers while towing anything.

Can't believe that 6.0 has held together that long or have you had it repaired?. My dad and brother couldn't keep theirs together.

Oh, I’ve put plenty $$ in it to get it to this point, but it’s paid for [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
            Lately I have been noticing diesel trucks more than usual. One reason is I have seen some old enough to vote for brand new prices in the Classifieds.

Another is I see folks buying them that cant even hitch a trailer. Like my SIL that has a 2017 Cummins she can't even backup much less hitch a trailer. Also, threads like, "Can I pull my ten foot utility trailer with my daughter's stuffed animals with my top of the line late model half ton?" Look some people just want to drive them and that's cool. If online betting was legal I would bet a happy meal there are at least 5 posters to this thread that say some variation of, "I/THEY can do what I/we want it is personal choice".

Just a PSA for those unsure. Your late model half ton most likely has a max tow in excess of 10k and you don't need to respond to every 25 foot travel trailer thread, is it half ton towable?

No one stepped on my rubber tail. Overpaying for vehicles has been a pet peeve of mine since my reading "The Millionaire Next Door" and "Total Money Makeover".

Then the way i see it is save your money and pay cashg when yopu are ready? What was the point of your thread? Did i miss it?

I drive a 2014 3500 duramax everyday. I pull a full load 4 out of 5 days.

What am i missing in your post?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
              Don’t look at the average, that was mostly in town. Before you ask, I was not driving down a hill nor coasting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Uh, looks like you have an abs problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                The only way I could elevate my DB status is if I wore a white leather belt and white sunglasses.
                You have to draw the line somewhere.

What about white Reef sandals?

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                  What about white Reef sandals?

I have some and every color of rainbows ever made but I don’t wear them with jeans[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    Holy crap you are really going to lose your mind when a big portion of 1/2 tons are diesels.

I got the 1/2 ton Diesel for fuel mileage, and it pulls everything I need. 20ft flatbed and my 34ft travel trailer the few times a year I pull them. Other than that, I use the hell out of my truck for the bed.
                    Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                      Uh, looks like you have an abs problem.
                      Exhaust brake is on

Comment

Great thread

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          This mania was born years ago when diesel was 80ct a gallon, but nowadays the good old days are over and maintaining and fueling just doesn't work out ! And borders on DB status
                          The whole truck mania started when the movie Urban Cowboy hit the big screen. All of the sudden everybody and their dog HAD to have a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                            Why does it matter? Maybe a diesel triuck.

People post without reading anyway.

For the record I like heavy duty diesels and may get one. It just seems like we are living in a mania right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                            Because it's really easy to poke holes as to why someone does or drives something.

I drive one but I bought it to be able to pull farm and construction equipment. I dont use it for that daily, but I like to be able to when I do need to. Plus it pulls my utility trailer much easier than my half ton did. Plus i like it. And that's the only real reason I need. I'll let God judge me when my day comes and see if he keeps me out cause of what I drive I'll be shocked. You do you. Let others do themselves.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of you are going to really flip your wig.
                              I bought a ‘17 F250 for my wife mostly. At the time, i had a company truck and she wanted to be able to get her horses to the vet in our gooseneck stock trailer. Its her daily driver and we tow once every couple months, maybe more if we take a load to the scrap yard.

I don’t care what anybody drives or why they drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                                The whole truck mania started when the movie Urban Cowboy hit the big screen. All of the sudden everybody and their dog HAD to have a truck.
                                Actually
                                When the gov started putting really high fuel economy standards on cars back in the late 80's trucks were exempt. So, manufacturers started putting extended cabs on trucks. That went over well so the started adding 4 doors to truck and now you have the perfect family vehicle

Comment

Working...
                                X