No announcement yet.

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just so i'm clear on the paper wallet idea...
    All i need to maintain 'ownership' of by bitcoin purchases - is the ADDRESS thats generated for that wallet ..correct?
    and i can put that in any exchange and -presto- my wallet with my purchased bitcoin is now available in that exchange..?
    right?

Comment

Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

That hacking news was out yesterday mid day. It went up

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
        Dont think that really affects bitcoin... thats a store that accepts bitcoin that got robbed...
        (someone broke down the door..took the contents)
        bitcoin the currency...or the blockchain didnt get hacked... there was no corruption there..

also.. that stolen bitcoin... doesnt disappear.. its simply got a new owner....
        Last edited by systemnt; 12-07-2017, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Anyone else have trouble with your bank denying the transaction on coinbase?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
            Anyone else have trouble with your bank denying the transaction on coinbase?

i had to call the credit union the account i set up for this is on to tell them to allow this international charge.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              i had to call the credit union the account i set up for this is on to tell them to allow this international charge.
              Thanks.

Comment

Coinbase is out of California...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                  Coinbase is out of California...
                  yeah but their cc processing for some reason is out of the UK i think.

Comment

Just so i'm clear on the paper wallet idea...
                    All i need to maintain 'ownership' of by bitcoin purchases - is the ADDRESS thats generated for that wallet ..correct?
                    and i can put that in any exchange and -presto- my wallet with my purchased bitcoin is now available in that exchange..?
                    right?
                    all wallet addresses are online. there is an address, and there is a seed phrase or private key (password) for the wallet. exchanges usually hold and control the seed phrase. a "paper" wallet is simply the seed phrase written down on paper and kept in a secure location. anyone with access to the seed phrase can access the wallet.

so when you store your coins "offline" they are really online... only the seed is kept offline.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                      yup.

Comment

Dont think that really affects bitcoin... thats a store that accepts bitcoin that got robbed...
                        (someone broke down the door..took the contents)
                        bitcoin the currency...or the blockchain didnt get hacked... there was no corruption there..

also.. that stolen bitcoin... doesnt disappear.. its simply got a new owner....
                        Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                          Seems like buying with a CC is a little more work. Got a few friends who want to open up a CB account and need to let them know.

I did get my Shift card in the mail yesterday but I've afraid to use it. Feels like I'm giving away more than I'm getting from a purchase right now.

Comment

I've learned more in past 2 hours, listening to a Joe Rogan podcast with Andreas Antonopoulos (#844) where he covered a TON of aspects of bitcoin..from its inception, to its very basics, to its security, to its use, to how NOT to use it...etc..
                            Very enlightning...still listening to it actually...

Comment

We bought some litecoin and etherium... kinda bummed that it's not surging also but going to hang on to it. Bought through coinbase and it's still not "official" yet. Says it'll be in our account Saturday.

Comment

I've learned more in past 2 hours, listening to a Joe Rogan podcast with Andreas Antonopoulos (#844) where he covered a TON of aspects of bitcoin..from its inception, to its very basics, to its security, to its use, to how NOT to use it...etc..
                                Very enlightning...still listening to it actually...
                                Is that podcast available on Apple?

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                                We bought some litecoin and etherium... kinda bummed that it's not surging also but going to hang on to it. Bought through coinbase and it's still not "official" yet. Says it'll be in our account Saturday.
                                Next time buy it through GDAX, it's instant.

Comment

Working...
                                X