Let’s talk hunting boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s talk hunting boots

What do you wear when it’s this cold outside? Trying to find an answer to my cold feet problems. Thinking about going with the lacrosse alpha burly In Sitka elevated 2 pattern. Any other recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubber insulated boots. No more cold feet.

Comment

2 things when thinking about keeping hands and feet warm. 1) if you're core is not warm enough, then your body pulls blood from your extremities making them colder. 2) sweat and lack of circulation are killers.

if you have to walk along way, try only wearing light socks then putting on some heavier ones once you get settled. also, untie your boots and loosen them up. this will alleviate blood constriction.

Comment

I love my Lacrosse boots. I've not had cold feet in them yet this year with some decent socks. Bring an extra pair if you sweat a lot on the way in, then you can just swap once you get to your stand. That helps a lot.

Comment

Lowas and Muck Boots

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
            2 things when thinking about keeping hands and feet warm. 1) if you're core is not warm enough, then your body pulls blood from your extremities making them colder. 2) sweat and lack of circulation are killers.

if you have to walk along way, try only wearing light socks then putting on some heavier ones once you get settled. also, untie your boots and loosen them up. this will alleviate blood constriction.

3 layers with a Sitka outer layer, stayed warm all weekend, hands weren’t bad cause of pockets but I’m done for when my feet get cold.

Comment

I approach this in a less is more mindset. Used heavily insulated boots for years and find that my feet stay warmer with uninsulated boots and wool socks (at least 65% merino wool). Rarely have an issue now

Comment

Sock choice is a big factor as to how warm or cold your feet get.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  I approach this in a less is more mindset. Used heavily insulated boots for years and find that my feet stay warmer with uninsulated boots and wool socks (at least 65% merino wool). Rarely have an issue now
                  Same here. I got rid of my insulated boots and wear Lowa Renegades with some Darn Tough socks and I seem to stay warmer.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                    Sock choice is a big factor as to how warm or cold your feet get.

Nike shin high socks, then a set of thick under armour hunting socks, I guess I need more.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                      Same here. I got rid of my insulated boots and wear Lowa Renegades with some Darn Tough socks and I seem to stay warmer.

My insulated boots I had at one point made my feet sweat extremely bad then they got cold, so this makes sense. May try to do a thin insulated boot and some better socks

Comment

I just wear leather boots but I always wear a long pair of under armor socks with ankle socks over them. Feet don’t get cold. I wear a long sleeve t shirt under a Coleman vest, under a fairly thick windbreaker style jacket. Everything stays warm except my legs, need to invest in some good long johns.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                          Nike shin high socks, then a set of thick under armour hunting socks, I guess I need more.

Used to wear insulated boots and multiple pairs of socks. Then went to a liner sock with wool sock over it (thickness of wool depends on temp) and uninsulated hiking shoes, which allow my feet to breathe, and I don’t have any issues with cold feet anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post

That’s part of your problem. I’m assuming the Nike socks are cotton. Cotton is a killer in the cold, especially if it has skin contact. Once it’s damp, it stays damp. At least with wool, it’s insulating properties hold even if you sweat a little.

Never wear two pairs of socks. Get a good pair of thin liners for skin contact, then a 90% merino wool sock, and you’ll be amazed at the difference. I can’t remember the last time I had cold feet. And I’ve hunting in some cold cold stuff.

Comment

Crispi !

Comment

Working...
                              X