Chevy truck heater issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy truck heater issue

I have a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500. My heats not working. It was low on antifreeze so put some in it. Now when you turn it on, blows cold air still. When i turn ac on and turn temp knob all the way to heat, the temp stays the same. That knob has always been weird. When you have it on the coldest setting, it would blow cold, but if you moved it 1/2”, it blew hot. There was no adjusting the degree of coolness.....any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 04 had the contacts in the temperature controller go out. I had to go buy a new (rebuilt) one from Oriley. It was easy to install.

Comment

In my case it was a plugged heater core.
      Reverse flushed the heater hoses and was able to dislodge the gunk buildup; blew hot after that.

Comment

It was like one minute it blew hot, next minute it didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          My 04 had the contacts in the temperature controller go out. I had to go buy a new (rebuilt) one from Oriley. It was easy to install.

What did the part cost?

Comment

Blend Door Actuator
            Thermostat Control Knob
            Plugged heater core

Comment

My 2000 did that and the heater core was plugged. Like was stated, reverse flushed it and back to hot.

Comment

If the heater core isnt plugged, you can try a blend door recalibration on it. Basically pull the hvac/ac fuses, turn truck on and off, then put fuses back in and upon start up it will full sweep the blend doors. I had to do this on my wifes tahoe to find the blend door that quit and replace it. If it doesnt have dual zone climate, there should be 3 blend doors, one beside the drivers side under dash, one behind the glove box and one up high behind the dash. Her tahoe had 4 and it was the one on top of the system for dual climate.

Good morning. I have been researchimg a problem for the last several days,and have not seen a symptom description that matches mine. 2005 1500 Silverado 4x4 LT Automatic temp control. Had a dead battery on Thursday- left my GPS turned on for a week. Was dead as a stone. Charged battey, started en...
                Last edited by KDinTX; 11-06-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Thx, ill try flushing the heater core first.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                    What did the part cost?

I think it was about $130.

I forgot about the blend door motor. I had to replace that once. It was easy if you can stand on your head.

Comment

Flushed the heater core. It was clean.

Comment

Could be your blend door actuator is stuck on cold.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Could be your blend door actuator is stuck on cold.

Kinda what im thinking

Comment

Mine 2007 does the kind of the same thing. When I turn the heat up to 90, then I get hot air, but when I back it down to 80 or 78, it blows cool to cold. If I want hot air, then I have to crank it up to 90 on the thermostat. Any idea what could be causing this?

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                              Mine 2007 does the kind of the same thing. When I turn the heat up to 90, then I get hot air, but when I back it down to 80 or 78, it blows cool to cold. If I want hot air, then I have to crank it up to 90 on the thermostat. Any idea what could be causing this?

My 2014 is doing the same thing. Chevrolet 3500. I have cold or hot nothing else. I have to get it to 90 to get the heat rolling.

I hope someone else can explain what to look for.

Comment

Working...
                              X