Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else got their smoker going today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else got their smoker going today?

Got 2 pork butts on

One for tomorrow and the other for the kids to freeze and eat later
    One has my usual homemade rub on it, the other has chupacabra rub, see how that turns out

Also probably going to pick up some stuff and make these

If you're looking for a smoked appetizer that has super bowl party written all over it.. you've found it! A slice of sausage, wrapped in thick bacon and held

Brian I did ribs and chicken couple days ago

Comment

Ok
      The pig shots look fantastic..... headed to store soon for a couple of items. Going to try them today!!!!

We are fixing to do a pork loin and a couple cream cheese and jalapeño stuffed bison back straps .... wrapped in bacon of course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You started early !

Comment

Put a brisket on about 5:30 this morning before we headed out to shoot some birds. Only ended up with 8 birds but went ahead and put them on the smoker too

Comment

Did pulled pork and chicken quarters yesterday

Comment

I did four racks of St Lois ribs yesterday, came out great

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                You started early !
                Wanted to make sure they were done in plenty of time

Comment

2 wild pork butts and one store bought along with 12 chicken 1/4'ers since about 8 this morning.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Woodsbound those ribs look good. Time/ temp on the cook?

btlowry I like the chucacabra rub but it can be a little salty on chicken and turkey.

Comment

Eating leftovers from my smoke on Thursday.

Comment

Baby backs are 1.50 a lb at HEB. Picked up 2 racks and have them both on right now. I usually do spare ribs so gonna be a learning experience not going to smoke them as long as I usually do

Comment

[QUOTE=wes;13592965]Woodsbound those ribs look good. Time/ temp on the cook?

Thanks, it is Aaron Franklin style on the seasoning, just 2 parts coarse black pepper and one part kosher salt. I cooked them 3 hrs at 225 on the offset, brushed w sauce n wrapped in foil for another two hrs, then unwrapped n back on the smoker for one more hr brushed in sauce for it to glaze up. Basically a 3-2-1 method, they came out great with some tater salad n grilled corn

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not the smoker but gonna get some coals going in the Weber here in a few. Didn’t get to go dove hunting this weekend so I set out some deer meat. Gonna cut up in dove breast sized pieces and wrap with bacon and japs and grill. At least make it feel/taste like I went hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did 3 store bought pork butts (can’t beat $0.77 per pound!) and a wild pig ham. They turned out great! Started at 4:30 yesterday morning and they started coming off at 5:30 pm with everything off by 7:00 or so. Vac sealed and froze about 10 pounds and I am sick of pork for now!

I got to try out my Father’s Day present (fireboard WiFi thermometer) so I didn’t even stay around the house. Got them going and went with JLinville to On Target Archery in Canton.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                              X