No announcement yet.

Elk development on protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome! How many do you have out there? Any hunting pressure? Curious if you plan to let them establish themselves?

Very cool!

Comment

Wow! Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
        That is awesome! How many do you have out there? Any hunting pressure? Curious if you plan to let them establish themselves?

Very cool!
        X2

Comment

Wow he blew up in two weeks! He looks like he is going to be huge and I would be after him as soon as he shed that velvet. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Following. There isn't anything better than a good elk steak

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
              Wow he blew up in two weeks! He looks like he is going to be huge and I would be after him as soon as he shed that velvet. Thanks for the update.
              I plan on it. I'm rigging my old deep freeze to be a new elk ice chest. lol. I'm assuming it will be an August-September kill. I'll have to get him on ice as soon as he drops. I'm really hoping he ends up getting over 260'' I plan on taking him with the bow either way but 260+ is P&Y. I've got to get together some heavier arrows, my screaming 385gr arrows are great for whitetail and pigs but I think I want to get to a finished arrow weight of close to 500 grains.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                I plan on it. I'm rigging my old deep freeze to be a new elk ice chest. lol. I'm assuming it will be an August-September kill. I'll have to get him on ice as soon as he drops. I'm really hoping he ends up getting over 260'' I plan on taking him with the bow either way but 260+ is P&Y. I've got to get together some heavier arrows, my screaming 385gr arrows are great for whitetail and pigs but I think I want to get to a finished arrow weight of close to 500 grains.
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if he is over 260 he won't be recognized by P&Y due to him living in Texas and being classified as a non game animal here, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if he is over 260 he won't be recognized by P&Y due to him living in Texas and being classified as a non game animal here, right?
                  Didn't even think about that. I'll have to look into that.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
                    Didn't even think about that. I'll have to look into that.
                    Even if that's the case, it's awesome either way! PY or not.

Comment

I looked on P&Y site, just says free range wild game animal.

Comment

Yes, but they denied what should have been a P&Y desert bughorn in West Texas because they "don't recognize Desert Bighorns in TX" But who cares what they think! Your Big A** Elk, Your Big A** Trophy!!!

Comment

If not P&Y I'm fine with it not having the paperwork. If he does get that big he'll still be a great trophy and lots of meat.

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                          Yes, but they denied what should have been a P&Y desert bughorn in West Texas because they "don't recognize Desert Bighorns in TX" But who cares what they think! Your Big A** Elk, Your Big A** Trophy!!!

Comment

Today was eventful. Went to the lease for a quick trip to fill feeders and check cam, I'm busy the next 3 weeks for sure maybe 4 so I wanted to make sure everything was set. I got out there and Jeff had been since yesterday, told me my protein feeder tube as missing. I drove out to the feeder and they broke the feeder tube off at the barrel. Lucky Jeff had an extra feeder so I replaced the feeder, filled the new feeder and got out of there before the rain came back. Went through the pics a little while ago and WOW! I have the camera on 3o second delay and I check it every 2 weeks. Last few times it has had between 400 and 600 pics. Had almost 2,000 this time. I've got 3 large bulls on camera, 3 smaller bulls, and 2 "spikes" as well as a bunch of cows. Still have some nice sized whitetails coming in every day as well.

Comment

Look George a pretty rabbit, dang things got too rough and no more tube.

Why is the restaurant closed?

Seriously, where the heck is my food????

"These things are a bull in a china closed, we just can't keep nice things around here"

Whoops, did I do that?

Thats Okay, I can reach without the tube.

Seriously, come on food machine. I needs my protein. It's growin season.

Some extra tall Impala on cam

A new bull

Trashy bull

Comment

That's awesome! Good luck with em!

Comment

Working...
                                X