New ELR build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ELR build

We wrapped up this one last week and managed to get to the range between thunderstorms to get DOPE on it for it’s new owner.

Stiller TAC408
    .375 cheytac
    Proof bull 28”
    Cadex dual strike chassis
    Cadex brake
    Jewell bottom safety trigger
    Leupold MK8 with the H59 reticle

During sight in it was pushing the cheytac 350gr pills at 2875 fps. Shot it out to 1300 yards, with excellent ballistics as expected. This ones headed to a ranch outside junction, I’m told it will be used for letting the air out of pigs beyond 1000 yards [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Drool

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Looks like a solid pig deflation device.

Comment

Very nice, that Monster is really going to reach out there.

Comment

Very dangerous looking ride sir!!! Is that a bull or their straight taper?
              Last edited by kck; 10-14-2018, 05:38 PM.

Comment

No expense spared on that build , what a beast

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                  Very dangerous looking ride sir!!! Is that a bull or their straight taper?
                  Finally someone else that calls it a straight taper! Lol.

It is either/both but more people are familiar with the term “bull”

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
                    Finally someone else that calls it a straight taper! Lol.

It is either/both but more people are familiar with the term “bull”
                    Gotcha. There's a ****load of awesome in that gun fo sho. I've never built one on a chassis before but I want to. I like the complete adjustability and they look pretty cool and we all know that's like 90% of a build....hahaha
                    Last edited by kck; 10-14-2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Rule #2 is it’s gotta look cool lol.

Comment

Too rich for my blood! $150 per 20 rounds on Cheytac's website.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                          Gotta pay to play with the big boys. I shoot a 338 Lapua (shocking I know ) and that runs me 100$ per 20. Thats about as much as I'm willing to play haha

OP-Nice rifle! Those chassis systems are great options

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                            We ordered 140 rounds for the customer, and sighted it in/doped it with 20 (May have sent a few of those out just for giggles at the end )

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                              Gotta pay to play with the big boys. I shoot a 338 Lapua (shocking I know ) and that runs me 100$ per 20. Thats about as much as I'm willing to play haha

OP-Nice rifle! Those chassis systems are great options
                              See, that just doesn't appeal to me. I like to shoot and not cringing at the $5 every time I pull the trigger. I start complaining when my pistol loads get over $5 per 50!

Don't get me wrong, I will be getting a 338 or similar fairly soon to try the ELR game.

Comment

Working...
                              X