No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like 42 people got their permit before me this morning. Registration is open now for those not aware.

Comment

How many of you guys get out and scout this weekend?

Comment

Not I, went to Illinois to see my new goddaughter and the full eclipse. Both have been spectacular. Planning on being in the area for a few days for scouting and putting in for the Waco draw over the weekend and upcoming week.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
          How many of you guys get out and scout this weekend?
          Not I. I've got to many things coming up this weekend. Besides, they just gonna do the same thing they have always done.

I'll wait till it cools down a bit to get out. I don't want anybody walk up on my bloated carcass because of the heat.
          I"m bloated enough as it is.
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-22-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by switchback View Post
            Haven't fished but 1 time last year and 1 the year before. Had one pack of fish left and need to fill the freezer before deer season. Went week before last and put 14 fillets in the freezer. Went today and will put about 24 fillets in the freezer. Maybe another trip or two and should be good.
            [ATTACH]868376[/ATTACH]
            Nice haul

Comment

I went to Gas Monkey last night for a meeting with North Texas Jeep Club. Had a great time and won a free windshield replacement for a jeep. While we own 2 jeeps we dont need the windshields replaced.

Comment

Im just curious, how many of you folks are completely honest on your survey when you turn it in?

Comment

CH, I'm 100% honest on mine. I know of a few guys in the past that had more success than myself that weren't as they didn't want to I'd the area or Whitney itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                    CH, I'm 100% honest on mine. I know of a few guys in the past that had more success than myself that weren't as they didn't want to I'd the area or Whitney itself.
                    I am 100% honest as well. I know a few that are not however they still tell about 85% of the truth.

Comment

Haha, looks who's back! Hey have y'all heard about the archery expo out at dinosaur valley? Sounds like a lot of fun. They are advertising on 92.1, it's on September 23.

Comment

I may go and do something at the expo, I need to call the lady that is heading it up and see what is going on. Below is the email that I rcvd:

We at Dinosaur Valley State Park are having our first ever Bowhunting and Archery Expo on September 23! The purpose of the event is to promote the sport of archery and educate the public on safe hunting practices. It will feature a full archery range, 3D archery tournament, bow fishing range, vendors, giveaways, food, music, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by CHParker View Post
                          Im just curious, how many of you folks are completely honest on your survey when you turn it in?
                          I had no reason to fib. 250 hours in the woods, no meat in the freezer. Hoping to put my rookie season behind me and move forward. I like to think I learned a lot over the last year and have built some confidence as well. Can't wait for the season to get here.

Comment

Sure is nice and cool out here today. 2 of my spots are wiped out again so I'm just sitting for awhile then on to the 3rd one.

Comment

Temps look good for a little while. Lows in the lower 70s next week too. That will make for a nice ride to work with no A/C in my truck.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Deer hitting the 1st spot , deer n pigs on second spot and deer on the last spot .

Comment

Working...
                                X