• Show
Clear All

Yep

Comment

I hope it stays like it is

Comment

Originally posted by hogtrapper84 View Post
        Lavon will never be a draw for deer.
        I've heard it staight from the horses mouth, as long as the current hunting coordinator for Lavon is there there won't be... but he won't be there forever

Comment

Even when he leaves it won't be there.

Comment

Even when he leaves it won't be there.

Lot of people said that about a Collin county archery season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              Lot of people said that about a Collin county archery season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              And Grayson county, a limited archery hunt will not hurt the resource at Lavon, by the spotlight surveys the deer population is growing every year.

Comment

So you want Lavon to be like Hagerman?

Comment

For deer? Yes.

Or any of the dozens of other Corps lakes that have drawn white tail hunts.

Comment

Why not? I could be as good (ok, maybe not as good, but close) to what Hagerman is. Granted it would be harder to control being as close to the metromess as it is, but with strict rules and regulations, there's no reason not to start some sort of management plan.

Comment

Absolutely, or at least they could kinda model it after their lotto, doesn't have to be as many permits just whatever the biologist determines.
                      Last edited by bossbowman; 08-14-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

No more pig and duck hunting if it is like Hagerman. Lots of people who hunt pigs out there. Only a few whining because a few big bucks have been killed and they think they should be able to go hunt them.

Comment

No more pig and duck hunting if it is like Hagerman. Lots of people who hunt pigs out there. Only a few whining because a few big bucks have been killed and they think they should be able to go hunt them.

Grapevine allows pig deer and duck hunting?

Why would allowing a deer hunt disallow pig and duck hunting. It's not a refuge.

And nobody is whining. It's public land with a huntable population of deer. Why shouldn't we be allowed to hunt them?

Comment

FYI might keep some hog hunters out of trouble... late rule change

Originally posted by Jbennett5 View Post
                            Stopped by the Main Lake Lavon Office today. They said late change on no hog hunting due to unsure if it was going to make it into rule book in time for deer season. Absolutely no hog hunting until January 19th!! This is due to poaching! I agree with above I think it’s crap that the illegal hunters are affecting us law abiding hunters! I came across hogs today could have some sausage in my freezer for fall! Thinking about starting a petition! Not enough deer on corps land to hunt but enough deer there to have a large enough poaching?!?? How come me everytime I go by lake office they are there hanging out instead of patrolling?

Comment

bump

Comment

Bump for the ridiculousness of poaching being an issue when there isn’t a “hunt-able population”.

Comment

Working...
                                X