Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever blown away at a concert (by the music?)

I know this is a hunting forum, but since we are "Around the Campfire..."

I was just wondering if you have ever attended a concert where the performance of a band, musician or vocalist you had never heard before and knew nothing about stunned you by its excellence, talent and power.

On June 11, I went to a concert in the Dallas music district to see a band I like from Finland. The final front band, which I had never heard of, was Oceans of Slumber (don't really like the name, but they can call themselves whatever they want) from Houston. The entire band, especially their front woman, vocalist Cammie Gilbert, was stunningly good, especially singing the song "No Color-No Light". You can find the song and band on Spotify or the net. If you don't like it, that's OK too. There is so much new music out there, it is hard to keep up with it all. Sorry, I am too computer stupid to post a link.

I could tell you about the Blink 182 concert I went to in high school but I like the site to much to get banded!

Comment

Tool blew me away. But I knew who they were.

Skinny

Comment

2 bands from Dallas. Both times I went to see someone else and was not interested in the opener. But then johnathan Tyler and the northern lights. Man they used to kill.

Also the Quaker City nighthawks. Both left me stunned. Both have traded out members since... not the same impact. But man night after night for a few years they killed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I became more of a fan of Brooks and Dunn after I saw them perform at the San Antonio rodeo in the old Joe & Harry.
          They put on a show.
          Can't say I've been blow away at a concert, though.
          Most fun I had was at Jimmy Buffet at Southpark Meadows (before it was a strip mall).
          Undoubtedly because of the drinking and lots of bare breasts. Yep.

Comment

Could not stand any Vince Gill music. Saw him in concert and was blown away by him guitar skills. Left with a ton of respect for him as a musician.

Comment

Originally posted by meangreen View Post
              Could not stand any Vince Gill music. Saw him in concert and was blown away by him guitar skills. Left with a ton of respect for him as a musician.
              Yeah but he sings like a girl. I can’t listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                Yeah but he sings like a girl. I can’t listen to him.
                Me either, until recently. He's playing with the Eagles now and he did an outstanding job singing their songs when I saw them last month.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Me either, until recently. He's playing with the Eagles now and he did an outstanding job singing their songs when I saw them last month.
                  So the Eagles are a girl band now, is what you’re saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                    So the Eagles are a girl band now, is what you’re saying.
                    Exactly. No....It was a pretty awesome concert. Those guys get better with age. Except for Glenn Frey, he got dead with age.

Comment

I wasn't really a big fan to start with, but got invited to what I would call a smaller / private setting (couldn't call it a concert) at south padre & Clint Black did an unplugged session that was very very impressive!!

Comment

Saw Jonny Lang play his song "Turn Around" at Taste of Addison one year. Could not believe the sound that dude had. Incredible soul and depth. Totally blew my mind.

Skinny dude from Fargo, ND that looked about 18 years old...sounded like a blues singer from south Alabama with 30 years experience. His drummer played like a freight train as well.

Comment

Gwar, could not tell u a word from a song, or any name of their songs, but I've been to prob 7 of their concerts. Way to much fun

Comment

I'd heard of Hatebreed but hadn't ever listened to them until I saw them in concert. I was standing so close to the speakers it felt like my brain was shaking around in my head. So yeah....Blown away would fit what I'd describe of that experience. I felt like I got blown away after that concert was over.

Comment

Yea

Last edited by PondPopper; 07-15-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X