No announcement yet.

Shooting in Abilene?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they are screwed, police said the dead guy was 7 feet away, that's no reason to shot somebody, now if he swung the bat or hit the old fat f**ker with it then all bets are off.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Lol. The fat gal with the shotguns wearing a black sports bra isn't she??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I believe so. I couldn't help but chuckle when he slung that gun up on his shoulder like he was on a pheasant hunt and had already walked through some thick weeds and was getting tired. I'm sure he was trying to look tough but all I could think was...."Dude....you look.....absolutely ridiculous."

Comment

They weren't justified. In any regard.

Two shots off camera then the bat got thrown. Then the son blasts one. Murder. And it's first degree since they came out with the guns drawn.

LTCers on here know not to brandish a weapon unless the intent is to use it.

Comment

Seems as though everybody involved got exactly what they wanted

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
            I think they are screwed, police said the dead guy was 7 feet away, that's no reason to shot somebody, now if he swung the bat or hit the old fat f**ker with it then all bets are off.
            7 feet away and threatening me with a bat, he's probably getting shot. If you decide you're not willing to shoot in that scenario, well....one step and a big swing and you could be dead with an unfired gun in your hand. I ain't getting hit with no **** bat.

These guys were all idiots, but the biggest idiot left in a bag. I'll bet somebody $500 they don't get convicted of murder. Maybe a lesser conviction, but not murder. There will be somebody on that jury that thinks Batboy was a threat.

Comment

Did anyone else notice something thrown at the dad after he shot? He dodged it and that's when the son shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                Did anyone else notice something thrown at the dad after he shot? He dodged it and that's when the son shot.

Yup. The bat is my guess. The two shots popped first. Bat thrown, another pistol shot and the street howitzer almost simultaneous.

Comment

These two are “the carp” of humanity.

Comment

There is the Raul Rodriguez case.

Rodriguez, a retired Houston-area firefighter, was angry about the noise coming from a birthday party at his neighbor's home. He went over and got into an argument with 36-year-old elementary school teacher Danaher and two other men at the party.

Rodriguez the aggressor who took a gun to complain about loud music and could have safely left his neighbor's driveway in Huffman, TX. Rodriguez had a history of not getting along with Danaher and other neighbors.

One neighbor testified that Rodriguez, who had a concealed handgun license, bragged about his guns and told her a person could avoid prosecution in a shooting by telling authorities you were in fear of your life and were standing your ground and defending yourself. During the trial's punishment phase, neighbors, former co-workers and Rodriguez's ex-wife testified that Rodriguez was abusive, a bad neighbor and that he once shot a dog.

Raul Rodriguez was convicted of murder and is serving a 40 year sentence.
                    Last edited by cabo390; 09-21-2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cabo390 View Post
                      There is the Raul Rodriguez case.

Rodriguez, a retired Houston-area firefighter, was angry about the noise coming from a birthday party at his neighbor's home. He went over and got into an argument with 36-year-old elementary school teacher Danaher and two other men at the party.

Rodriguez the aggressor who took a gun to complain about loud music and could have safely left his neighbor's driveway in Huffman, TX. Rodriguez had a history of not getting along with Danaher and other neighbors.

One neighbor testified that Rodriguez, who had a concealed handgun license, bragged about his guns and told her a person could avoid prosecution in a shooting by telling authorities you were in fear of your life and were standing your ground and defending yourself. During the trial's punishment phase, neighbors, former co-workers and Rodriguez's ex-wife testified that Rodriguez was abusive, a bad neighbor and that he once shot a dog.

Raul Rodriguez was convicted of murder and is serving a 40 year sentence.

Well played sir. Very appropriate context. [emoji1360]

Comment

I think most might be surprised how this plays out. I bet neither father or son will do any time but it’s going to cost them every material position they have on this earth to pay a good lawyer to keep them out of prison.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
                          I think most might be surprised how this plays out. I bet neither father or son will do any time but it’s going to cost them every material position they have on this earth to pay a good lawyer to keep them out of prison.

I can't say I'd be surprised but two things that I'm banking on that doesn't happen;
                          1) these two don't seem capable of producing the type of financing to hire a lawyer of that caliber
                          There's always a hard up young progressive hot shot that would take it pro Bono.
                          2) We're not Florida.
                          That will be a bad precedent to set for these cases in the future if they don't do time.

Comment

Not sure they will be prosecuted. The video shows them giving the guy plenty of time to back off. JMO. No clue other than the video.

Comment

I wish they all would have got shot. That’s all

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                7 feet away and threatening me with a bat, he's probably getting shot. If you decide you're not willing to shoot in that scenario, well....one step and a big swing and you could be dead with an unfired gun in your hand. I ain't getting hit with no **** bat.

These guys were all idiots, but the biggest idiot left in a bag. I'll bet somebody $500 they don't get convicted of murder. Maybe a lesser conviction, but not murder. There will be somebody on that jury that thinks Batboy was a threat.
                                Don’t see how he can’t be labeled a threat. Probably a better case against the suspects if the video never went public

Comment

Working...
                                X