Shipping a smoker to Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping a smoker to Dubai

Anyone done it or know what steps are involved in doing so?

My little brother wants to **** a bunch of people off and open a BBQ joint in Dubai.
    He wants a smoker shipped from here and wants to know how to and how much it will cost. (He prefers an American Made one instead of having one built there)

Buy pit. Contact a freight forwarder. Done.

Comment

Build one there. Lots of cheap labor.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
        Buy pit. Contact a freight forwarder. Done.
        I know that much,,, I need details from someone who has shipped items to dubai and ballpark costs

Comment

I'll bet it Will be a whole lot cheaper to have one built on site than to ha a good,and heavy,one shipped from here.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
            I know that much,,, I need details from someone who has shipped items to dubai and ballpark costs
            The company you buy the Pit from can get you quotes. When I bought mine, they quoted shipping and arranged the freight company.

I'll bet the freight is going to be way more than the pit. I think my cost was around $300.00 from Conroe area to Wylie.

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
              You need size and weight to be able to calculate costs. Give me that and a ballpark destination of where it would ship from and I'll give you a very general ballpark cost

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                You need size and weight to be able to calculate costs. Give me that and a ballpark destination of where it would ship from and I'll give you a very general ballpark cost
                Thanks bubba!
                I haven't picked the smoker yet, but I'm guessing around 500 pounds. Shipping from Texas to Dubai, UAE.

Comment

Start with a few Weber Smokey Mountains. Buy them off Amazon and ship them to Dubai.

Comment

Pulled camel sammiches!

Comment

Or camel spider sammiches!

Comment

Pulled pork.

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

So how is that going to work? No good hardwoods/trees growing there.

Comment

Couple of considerations.

Most of the steel pipe is coming from India anyway, so your build cost over there will be a lot cheaper. Secondly, what will he be cooking with? Keep in mind you won't be able to get any wood shipped in even if he could afford it and there dang sure isn't anything in Dubai to smoke with (Acacia being exception, but good luck getting any).

It's a neat idea and would be cool, but you'd have to get a sheik to back you

Comment

Man nobody is going to be able to give you ball-park, just too much that goes into it.

You need to find a freight forwarder and make sure they are giving you a door to door rate otherwise your brother will have to deal with the customs broker at the terminal over in Dubai once it gets there.

It will also have to be packaged with IPPC stamped materials, FF should be able to handle that as well but it is another cost driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X