Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cowtown Bowmen March 7th & 8th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cowtown Bowmen March 7th & 8th

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will roll into Cowtown Bowmen Archery Club on March 7th & 8th.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes and Young Adult classes, $16.00 for all Youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes and young adult classes. Non cash awards for Youth and Eagle classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Cowtown has a beautiful range with a great variety of mature hardwood lanes. Come on out to Cowtown and enjoy a great 3D experience.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone !!!!

Here is a link to Cowtown's website:

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

OK folks, Cowtown Bowmen is gearing up for what is typically one of our busiest shoot weekends of the year. This coming weekend we are hosting our State ASA Qualifier shoot. This shoot will be both Saturday and Sunday, registration starts at 8am both days and shoot is a shotgun start at 10am. If you have never shot an ASA shoot, the entry fee is $30, but you can shoot it as a fun round for $15, if you are not shooting for awards/prize money. If you are shooting, you will need to arrive early enough to get registered and assigned a target to start on, as well as shoot your bow thru the chronograph as this tournament does have speed limits. Around 9:45am, Cowtown Range Captains will lead everyone into the woods to the range you will shooting at. There will be two ranges, one for scope shooters, and one for the pins shooters.

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT SPRING CREEK ROAD IS STILL CLOSED SO YOU HAVE TO USE THE ALT ROUTE ON THE FLYER, AND SUNDAY IS TIME CHANGE, SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SET YOUR CLOCKS AND NOT BE LATE SUNDAY MORNING FOR THE SHOOT. :-)

We will be setting up the ranges on Friday, March 6th, beginning at 7am. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, and if you do come help set up, the club will reimburse you for your fun portion of your shoot fees ($15). We will also be needing volunteers to help run the registration both days, as well as help man the chronograph and be range captains in the woods while the shoot is going on. So please contact me if you are interested in helping out. :-)

Weather looks like it is going to be pretty nice and we plan to have the fires going in the mornings to help keep everyone warm. I have attached a copy of the shoot flyer as well as the forecast. Hope to see everyone out there. :-)

Chuck Hubbard
    Cowtown Bowmen President

Last edited by hubbace; 03-03-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

See everyone there SUNDAY!!! I'm ready to shoot.

Comment

Also note, any Traditional shooters can begin at 8am sharp, as opposed to waiting for the shotgun start, both days. :-)

Comment

And Cowtown also has (7) ASA Memberships for sale, $30, that we purchased for our ASA insurance, so they will be available to anyone who needs to reup their dues for ASA. Please contact Kevin Hubbard as they are a first come first served basis.

We swill also have left over Texas Archery guides for sale for $10 donation. These guides have all of the shoots statewide, along with tons of additonal archery info. Very handy. Also first come first served on those, qty's are limited.

Comment

One last correction, Silver Creek Road is closed, not Spring Creek. My apologies for duplicate notifications.

Comment

I will be there on Saturday this time. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the update on directions. I had not seen it anywhere else. I'll be sure to post it on The Archery Guide page too.

Comment

Saturday for me.

Comment

Sunday for us......

Comment

Anyone at the range think there will be snow still in the trees tomorrow?

Comment

Surely not. ....

Comment

Range

Originally posted by D C View Post
                        Anyone at the range think there will be snow still in the trees tomorrow?
                        I was on our practice range not much snow left. But I did need boots.

Comment

see y'all tomorrow morning.

Comment

Is it 2 courses ?

Comment

Josh and I had a great time today. Cowtown setup a great course. I am never disappointed with them. Thanks for a great course

Comment

Working...
                              X