Boxer pup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxer pup

My wife and i had our hopes set on breeding our 3 year old female boxer. Unfortunately my wifes new job would make that extremely difficult. So, we decided that 1 puppy would be much easier to handle than possibly 7. We are going to meet and put a deposit on this handsome fella.

A flashy reverse brindle male boxer was what my heart was set on, and I think he fits the bill perfect. Gonna be a long 2 weeks waiting for him to be able to come home with us.

Nice !!! Good looking pup!!! And great dogs!!

Comment

Hang on to your hat brotha. I have two great dogs but can be a handful! My four year old, who I thought was a queen, destroyed my new couch pillow that I had not had for 36 hours. This happened Monday. Beautiful pup!

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
        Hang on to your hat brotha. I have two great dogs but can be a handful! My four year old, who I thought was a queen, destroyed my new couch pillow that I had not had for 36 hours. This happened Monday. Beautiful pup!
        HAHA!! That sounds about right. It will definitely be an experience. My household will now consist of me, my wife, my four year old son, my 19 month old daughter,a 3 year old spoiled rotten boxer female, and a new male boxer pup. I've never owned an actually puppy so im pretty excited

Comment

Any tips and tricks on raising a puppy that you guys can give would be appreciated

Comment

Thats a great looking pup... Congrats

Comment

Watch that pup like a hawk. They are some of the most destructive pups I have ever been around. I love me a boxer but it is a chore at first to raise em. Be stern with em too. A boxer does best with a strong male in the house. You need to let him know you are the alpha male and not him.

Comment

Kennel a puppy. I think the rule for house training is one hour per month old. We are big on positive reinforcement. Give treats for job well ddone. Takes time but worth it. As I said, awesome dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                  Any tips and tricks on raising a puppy that you guys can give would be appreciated
                  House breaking is all about repetition. Take the puppy out very often, and do it the same way, same spot everytime. If you say something(outside, potty etc.) make sure its the same everytime. They will have accidents yes but they will get it pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    House breaking is all about repetition. Take the puppy out very often, and do it the same way, same spot everytime. If you say something(outside, potty etc.) make sure its the same everytime. They will have accidents yes but they will get it pretty quickly.
                    Is every 3-4 hours often enough? Kennel training is definitley in his future

Comment

Is every 3-4 hours often enough? Kennel training is definitley in his future
                      I did 2 hrs. at first and went up from there depending on how the puppy did. As soon as it wakes up(morning, mid day nap) take it out. Try to keep food, water and outside breaks as scheduled as possible. It makes the training much faster IMO. At least it did for us. I have a 4 yr old boxer.

Comment

I'm guessing there is going to be some sleepless nights in my future

Comment

I'm guessing there is going to be some sleepless nights in my future
                          Its like a baby all over again

Comment

congrats great dogs, I love mine!

Comment

Originally posted by texas bound View Post
                              Watch that pup like a hawk. They are some of the most destructive pups I have ever been around. I love me a boxer but it is a chore at first to raise em. Be stern with em too. A boxer does best with a strong male in the house. You need to let him know you are the alpha male and not him.
                              That's right .... hump him till he pees!

Comment

Working...
                              X