School me on lamb Meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School me on lamb Meat

Well Last night i smoked some Frenched lamb rack Now momma wants more lamb and wants different cuts of it. where can i find all different cuts of Lamb and what are some of the best tasting parts?

Try to find bone in back strap. It is great

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
      Try to find bone in back strap. It is great
      Can i get that at sams or HEB or would this more of a Butcher

Comment

Chops on the grill!

Comment

find a good butcher shop... get the same cuts as you would for any deer you have butchered.

Comment

Up here I get ours at Central Market.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerServices View Post
              Chops on the grill!
              Did two pounds of those last night with some grilled lobster tails!!!

Comment

I get the deboned lamb shoulders at Costco and season and cook on the smoker like a brisket (low and slow) to 140F. Thats some goooood eatin!

Comment

Lamb tenderloin chops are the most common.... Legs are great as well if you braise, roast or smoke them....

Me personally, Flash the chops in a pan then serve.... Rare is the best way to serve them. Overcooked loin gets stringy and tough....

Let me know if you need some ideas/recipes

Comment

I really like ground lamb. It makes excellent patties for the grill!!

Comment

Just make sure you buy lamb, stay away from anything that says "Mutton" it will smell and taste like a wet wool sweater.

Comment

Lamb is a staple at our house. I got tired of paying a premium for it, so I slaughtered my own. I called a guy that raises sheep and bought a great lamb from him for $60. We were able to get about $600 dollars worth of meat for $60 and some of my time butchering.

Costco sells some good cuts. It is great stuff. There is one thing. In Europe and Australia/New Zealand the lamb goes from the pasture to plate. There is no finishing with grain. Similar to Deer, sheep eat browse. They don't digest grain the same as beef. So if you want some great tasting lamb, grab it right off the pasture!

Comment

Working...
                        X