vortex broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vortex broadheads

anyone have any reviews on these broadheads? they look devastating!

post up a pic... I think I know what we are talking about.. but the server wont let me look up BH's here at work!

Comment

I have killed and seen a lot of deer killed with them and they are devastating. The only problem I have with them is that once the blades open they lay pretty flat and in my opinion they are not good for thick skinned animals and getting through a big boars armor plating but they work great for deer.

Comment

Didn't know they still made them. A buddy of mine used to shoot them years ago. Seems like they had a 2" or 2" + cut.

Comment

If you think a Rage makes a hole Try um they are devastating.

Comment

[ATTACH]275049[/ATTACH]

Comment

I've used them for the last ten years and have not been disappointed. They do alot of damage.

Comment

I used them for at least 15 years along with alot of friends. They are very tough broadheads. With the chiseled tip they crush bone pretty good. The blades are spring steel so they can bend but I have never seen one break. If the blades are bent I just straighten them in a vise and use them over. They fly like field points and leave some big holes. Some people don't like the 2.5 cuts for hard quartering shots because they may cartwheel although I have not ever had that happen. The 100 grain mini max's have a 2" cut and almost eliminate the cartwheel effect due to the longer nose on the body. I use them on all south Texas animals that I hunt.

Comment

i have them they are great. i like the fact that they have never had to change the design since they came out a long time ago. they have a few different sizes up to 2 1/2 inch cut and they simply fold back to open when they enter an animal. so nothing to fail and a muzzy style tip. but with any large cut mechanical they dont do that well on thick bone

Comment

my only complaint is they dont come out of the package very sharp so you have to sharpen before you use them

Comment

I have seen what they can do and it's massive.

Comment

All the guys in Arkansas I hunt will only use them. I've tracket/drug out so many animals I cant count them shot with Vortex. (I'm in no way a mech. fan)

I rarely see them get a pass thru...but I rarely have to track/drag more than 50 yrds either. (It helps that they can all shoot good too)

Comment

I think I may be one of the friends that CLR mentioned above . I used the 125 grain 2 1/2" cut Vortex for a long time. The chisel point will bend on them but only if it hits something really hard, like a rock. They are pretty dang tough as I have used the same head several times to take several animals in the past. Main reason I switched from them to the Rage is the entrance hole. Rage's is just bigger. Other than that, they are awesome heads that do some real damage.

Comment

I used the them for years with great success however, I got very few pass through shots. I used the 125 grain that opened to 2 3/4. I never lost an animal but without an exit wound, I always worried that I might so I switched to Slick Tricks and have never looked back. Slick Tricks are a lot sharper and more durable. Almost every shot with a Vortex bent blades.

Comment

Been shooting them since the mid 90's... Have put an absolute ton of animals down with them, more than 75 hogs on that list too... Never lost a animal b/c of the heads, I have made a couple bad shots over the years but never lost one b/c of the heads... I have never had an issue with a pass through, most of the time my erra's are a good ways the other side of the animal... If you have the KE to push them and your erra is flying true, they will get the job done

Most recently killed the Axis in my avatar with them back in June, Could put my 4 index finger in the wound channel on both sides of the animal
                              Last edited by TexaswBOWhunter; 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X