Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last day to put in for New Mexico draw tags.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to hunt with a bow on a muzzleloader hunt.

If you spend some time looking at draw odds, you can figure out which units you can draw every year. It might not be hunting unit 2 or 31 where deer are everywhere, but they are units that good bucks are killed in every year.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Hmmm, not buy'in it, I've done some fairly extensive draw odds analysis for NM, there are other places that have much better opportunity for the quality of hunting available. Say a units has 100 tags, we've only got a shot at 6 of them?, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
      Hmmm, not buy'in it, I've done some fairly extensive draw odds analysis for NM, there are other places that have much better opportunity for the quality of hunting available. Say a units has 100 tags, we've only got a shot at 6 of them?, no thanks.
      Apparently not much.

Unit 21 deer muzzleloader hunt 5 NR put in as a 1rst choice hunt and drew it, 1 put in as a 2nd choice and drew it, 7 put in as a first choice and 4 drew it.

Unit 25, 100% draw last year for NR muzzleloader.

Unit 20 100% draw NR muzzleloader tag

Unit 21 archery is a guaranteed NR tag

I could keep going...

Comment

I've hunted one of the units that borders 20, it was in pretty p*ss poor shape with drought, I can understand why it doesn't get many draw applications...

Comment

I've hunted one of the units that borders 20, it was in pretty p*ss poor shape with drought, I can understand why it doesn't get many draw applications...
          So because NM was in a hell of a drought, you write it off? What does that have to do with the draw? You know droughts come and go everywhere, right?

Comment

The certain areas of the state that are in drought and have been for years darn right I am looking for greener pastures where the condition of the animals and populations density are better. After a week of hard hunting by some miracle we took a mulie on the last day and it was skin and bones.
            Last edited by bossbowman; 03-22-2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              When are the drawings?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
              I bet we still have a couple of weeks because April 7 is the final harvest reporting deadline for the late hunts.

I was really hoping they would draw before Colorado was due. Of course I remember the old days where you pretty much had to wait until late June for all results.

Comment

I was told April 25th.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  Apparently not much.

Unit 21 deer muzzleloader hunt 5 NR put in as a 1rst choice hunt and drew it, 1 put in as a 2nd choice and drew it, 7 put in as a first choice and 4 drew it.

Unit 25, 100% draw last year for NR muzzleloader.

Unit 20 100% draw NR muzzleloader tag

Unit 21 archery is a guaranteed NR tag

I could keep going...
                  If he is 100% out on NM and did his research and is still 100% out... don’t change his mind!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    If he is 100% out on NM and did his research and is still 100% out... don’t change his mind!!!!!
                    You're right...I'm actually going to edit that.

Nevermind...I can't edit it. Maybe a moderator can help me out?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by quackadikt; 03-26-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

The certain areas of the state that are in drought and have been for years darn right I am looking for greener pastures where the condition of the animals and populations density are better. After a week of hard hunting by some miracle we took a mulie on the last day and it was skin and bones.
                      The state was out of drought for a while. Now it's back in. Some really nice animals taken during droughts.

Comment

The time of year you don't like getting emails from the G&F unless they have draw results.

No I don't want to take hunters safety at Gorham scout ranch.

Comment

I was just thinking samething

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            The time of year you don't like getting emails from the G&F unless they have draw results.

No I don't want to take hunters safety at Gorham scout ranch.
                            How about that public meeting in Clovis?

Comment

And another.

Comment

You buy your fishing license?

Comment

Working...
                                X