Krivoblind cutting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krivoblind cutting

What would be the best way to cut another window into a krivoblind or that type of material

I am going to add a couple of small viewing windows in mine. I'm thinking a jigsaw will work well.

Comment

I used my circular saw, and it worked great! Much easier to hold a straight line than with a jigsaw!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used a saws-all, jigsaw and a circular saw......

If you buy the windows from Mitch he supplies you with a template that you can trace out with a permanent marker and it works out great!

I also just added 2 peek windows to both of my Krivos

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Peek windows, good idea. What windows and where are you adding them?

Comment

Regular window on the blind

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
                Peek windows, good idea. What windows and where are you adding them?
                I have the three window model. My plan is to put in two peek windows at eye level (when seated) so I can see what may be coming in directly from the the left and right. I'm thinking they only need to be 4-5" tall and maybe 10" wide. After cutting the hole I will cover with tinted Lexan. I haven't decided the best way to attach it - maybe just use a few self-tappers then caulk the edges real good.

Comment

I don't see any Deerview that are small enough for what you are describing. Wonder if he does anything smaller?

Comment

I don't see any Deerview that are small enough for what you are describing. Wonder if he does anything smaller?
                    I just used 1/4" plexi glass for my peek windows

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      I have the three window model. My plan is to put in two peek windows at eye level (when seated) so I can see what may be coming in directly from the the left and right. I'm thinking they only need to be 4-5" tall and maybe 10" wide. After cutting the hole I will cover with tinted Lexan. I haven't decided the best way to attach it - maybe just use a few self-tappers then caulk the edges real good.
                      Jerp, i drilled hole in all 4 corners of mine and bolted them to the blind...Then I sealed all the way around with the black sealant that is used on automobile windows

Comment

Deerview does custom orders. They can make the windows to what size you need.

Comment

I use my rotozip tool.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

We can do virtually any size. You name it we will build it.

Comment

If you have power, drill a hole then use a jig saw. IF you are doing in the woods, a drilled hole and a saw zaw will work just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X