No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I'd have thought about a griddle when I built my outdoor kitchen...

Comment

Definitely a time for the indoor kitchen to get the work done.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I wish I'd have thought about a griddle when I built my outdoor kitchen...
        We’ve all seen your design and adaptation skills, I’m sure if you want a griddle in there it’ll get in there

Comment

I'm gonna build in my griddle, build a Dutch oven cooking top with wind screen, BGE, and probably an outdoor Jenn-air type Grill/griddle, and maybe a brick oven... Have started my design work, but think I may have the heavy work done rather than doing it myself... gettin' to dang old to be climbing around on the roof and scaffolding... also want me a wood burning stove/heater for inside the house by next winter... We're all electric and would be in a mell of a hess if we lost power in weather like we are having right now!

Comment

I was really hoping for these to go on sale durning the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
              I was really hoping for these to go on sale durning the holidays.
              Me too. I wanted another one for the deer camp. Looks like these things are popular year round. I have seen deals on them in other parts of the Country. I guess it's pretty much always grilling season in Texas. This week is definitely the exception

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Me too. I wanted another one for the deer camp. Looks like these things are popular year round. I have seen deals on them in other parts of the Country. I guess it's pretty much always grilling season in Texas. This week is definitely the exception
                I'm tired of waiting and need to pull the trigger soon. Can't wait to do some stir fry on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Following this!!!
                  x2

Comment

jumped on bandwagon

Got this 28" from Walmart, free shipping for $156. Got it seasoned yesterday. But i had some issues. It's a two burner with 2 tubes on each burner. Went to light it and only the inner tube lit on the first burner and then only the outer tube lit on the other one. Pulled the grille top off to see if any sparks were coming off the ignitor. Tried it again, same thing but I left the gas on and after a minute or two they lit up. The Scripto lighter would solve the issue I guess. I'm going to do some burgers this afternoon.
                    Or maybe me having it upside down is the problem.
                    Oh, also saw a 36" at Lowes for $279
                    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome in. Plenty of room on the bandwagon

Comment

Thanks. Couldn't stand it. Seeing all the great food this thing can cook and since I was NEEDING a new gas grill, looked at the Academy ones but I went with this one.
                        Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Welcome in. Plenty of room on the bandwagon

Comment

Josh and I cooked 40 burgers using mine for a rig in South Texas on Wednesday. Went flawlessly!

I still had it in the back of my pickup (griddle in a cover) on Friday at the local stock show and the concession stand was having problems with their propane grill they were using to cook burgers. I offered to let them (FFA Boosters) use my Blackstone to cook all weekend (using their propane.) I helped keep the griddle clean between batches, but they are several hundred burgers in and it's working great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hey guys, how are y'all. I have the 36" Blackstone and noticed some of y'all have the stainless cover. I need one so who has the best deal on the stainless diamond plate one?

thanks!

Comment

Do you guys have an issue with food sticking? I made burgers over the weekend which were great, but I have to scrape a ton of crap off the griddle surface. I have seen YouTube videos where guys just wipe the griddle with a wet towel. Am I doing something wrong? Not enough oil maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                Do you guys have an issue with food sticking? I made burgers over the weekend which were great, but I have to scrape a ton of crap off the griddle surface. I have seen YouTube videos where guys just wipe the griddle with a wet towel. Am I doing something wrong? Not enough oil maybe?

It takes awhile to get the McDonalds burger flip down so that it doesn’t leave crap stuck to the surface

Comment

Working...
                                X