6.5 x 284 Norma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 x 284 Norma

Who all has one or knows much about them? I've done a little research but been busy with work and my wife and one kid are sick so I've been taking care of them too.

I received a Nosler M48 in this caliber for Christmas. I have begun the break in process, but still need to shoot another box through it and start sighting it in during that process. Where are y'all buying ammo for it? I got 2 boxes with the gun, but not sure I want to shoot Nosler brand ammo forever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Midway has a rather good selection right now actually. Great performing caliber but short barrel life.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Been shooting one for several years. It’s my go to gun, and crazy accurate. If I had to start over a Norma would be my first purchase. I reload for mine.

Comment

I shoot one and absolutely love it. Actually my daughter let's me borrow MY rifle occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

It is a very good performing cartridge. I have one but reload for it never tried any factory stuff in it.

Comment

I have a custom 6.5x284 single shot Nesika and hand load for optimum performances/efficiency

Comment

I had one built love the caliber. I don't reload, so I shoot factory 140 Nosler accubonds. It shoots Very well with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
                I shoot one and absolutely love it. Actually my daughter let's me borrow MY rifle occasionally.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                She's a sweetie to let you borrow your own rifle.

Comment

It’s a great caliber. I don’t own one but my best friend does and I shoot it a fair bit. We reload so I can’t tell you much about factory ammo. Nosler ammo is pretty decent for hunting ammo - at least the stuff I’ve used but Norma is going to be better, if you can afford it. Probably the best factory ammo, though is Copper Creek. Of course it’ll depend on what your particular rifle likes but their ammo is practically handload quality and produces very low ES/SD numbers. It’s very pricey but their system is terrific! You buy a load development pack, shoot several different loads with the bullet of your choice. Based on those results, you then order the load that works best for your rifle. It’s as close to precision handloading as you can get without dumping $3k+ into gear and components. They use only the best components and the best practices.

Hope this helps! Great caliber and I’ll bet you love it! It’s on my short list once I get done with all my short action calibers and get a 300Norma and a .338 in the stable. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6.5 x 284 Norma

Love mine. It’s a custom and one of my favorites.

I reload but have shot the HSM Trophy Gold with the 140 Bergers with good success.

That Copper Creek Ammo sounds like a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Copper built one for me back in 2005. It’s nice rifle and shoots great. Mostly punch paper with it. It has shot in the .1’s with R-22 and 142gr SMK’s.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                        ... but short barrel life.

Sierracharlie out…
                        Define short

Comment

...and for those that have one and reload for it...do you prefer the 140gr Bergers or Accubonds? Or another?

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            Copper built one for me back in 2005. It’s nice rifle and shoots great. Mostly punch paper with it. It has shot in the .1’s with R-22 and 142gr SMK’s.

Beautiful rifle

Comment

Originally posted by KHo View Post
                              Define short

Depending how hot you shoot it… about 1000

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X