Kill em all......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I’d be on the nonsupport list. It’s part of my livelihood. Archery shop selling bows and accessories year around to hog hunters. Processing facility processing Wild hogs year around.
    I totally understand that. But let me ask this question: whose livelihood is more important? The archery shop, or the landowner/farmer/rancher? Not a trick question, but only to say it isn't a black and white answer.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Jeff thought you did kids fishing events to feed yourself and sold archery stuff to support a hobby. I like killing hogs but also have family on the other side of the fence getting hurt in the pocket because of them. its not their hobby job but how they pay their bills
      “Part” of my livelihood as stated. All other staff would fall under the full time umbrella.
      When My landowners have a problem, we get to work killing or hop on a tractor and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
        Ok, so a county trapper plays a big part in coyote removal and a good one can make a huge dent in a counties population. So why doesn’t the county or government put more man power into hog eradication instead of poison?
        They just started controlling them on some USFW properties like Hagerman. The state doesn't do anything to control them on state owned land other than having 20 or 30 drawn hunters hunt once or twice a year = no population control.

But yes if they the federal government really wanted to get rid of them they could without poison. They could mandate a war on them from the air with helicopter and really control the numbers. They would never wipe them out because there will be some property owners who would not won't them flying over their property, but yes it could be done easly. Just takes money!!!

Your not going to wipe them out with poison either just control numbers, but what else do you kill doing that!

Comment

They have destroyed fields at our lease this year worse than ever. Has to be atleast 50-75 running around

Comment

Kill them all. Dilly Dilly

Sign me up for some of that bacon bait.

Comment

TPWD is already testing this at the Kerr WMA.

Comment

The states they are saying have eradicated hogs don't have near the issue we have in TX. You can't assume it will just work here. There are estimated 4 million pigs in America and 3m of them are in Texas.
                Last edited by DeadEyeB; 12-27-2017, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The bleeding hearts for hogs will come out of the woodwork when you propose something that really works...

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                    From looking at some of the farmers pastures around me and my neighbors bottom I totally understand why they need to be extinguished. Fortunately they haven't gotten around to my pasture yet.
                    The operative word is "yet".

Comment

There is no real desire to eradicate wild hogs....and probably never will be.
                      To many people using them for income

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        For now, thats my thoughts.

Comment

I sure hope they get it figured out. I don’t care if it upsets some people those numbers aren’t as high as those who would like it especially if talking about the actual landowners

Comment

Unsure at this point, but we don't have to deal with hogs

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                              “Part” of my livelihood as stated. All other staff would fall under the full time umbrella.
                              When My landowners have a problem, we get to work killing or hop on a tractor and fix it.
                              If you had the numbers I have, you would be running two shifts on said tractor. It's gotten to the point that you can't drive 10/15 miles in any direction and not see hog rootings in hay meadows. It's a real problem and I'm ready for a solution, and bowhunting hogs ain't it ! It may put money in your pocket, but it takes it out of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                                This goes for the government also. It's a big puppet show.

Why not open a feral hog processing plant and encourage trapping?
                                Why not encourage people to eat them as lean organic pork?

Comment

Working...
                                X