No announcement yet.

Robotic Vacuum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did some extensive background on the robots...we settled with a Netto....

Comment

We have the Roomba 960 and are pretty happy with it. At the time we were looking, I looked at the Samsung vacs. If I remember right I think the samsung model had a higher profile as compared to the Roomba. To me this was a minus. I also didn't like at the time all the problems with Samsung washer machines exploding and phones catching fire. Anyway, we have ceramic tile and vinyl flooring throughout the whole house. We are done with carpet. That said, we have two inside dogs, a French Bulldog and a mini-pin. The Frenchy sheds quite a bit. The Roomba does an excellent job at keeping the house vacuumed of pet hairs and any dirt they bring into the house. It will let you know when its bin is full for emptying by returning to its charging station and sending out a phone notification. It does sort of require you to keep the house picked up so it can do a more thorough job vacuuming. So, I guess that in itself helps keep the house picked up such as shoes, bags, etc. Only problems we have had are that it will sometimes get stuck in the bathroom on the little rugs around the toilet. Doesn't always happen but it does. Also, you have to keep the doors propped open with door stoppers otherwise it will lock itself into a room. I got tired of the door stoppers so I installed magnetic door holders on all the doors. Worked out great. We think it was a great buy and are happy with our purchase.

Full bin with hair and shredded paper from the dogs.

Comment

Been through two, our English and French bulldogs hump them till they......quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Haha, haven't had any problems with our French. Mini-pin use to sit on it and start the cleaning process. We couldn't figure out why it was starting outside of schedule till we saw him sit on top of it and hit the clean button.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            They make them. They're called Iwives.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_Fingers View Post
              iRobot works, but wife didn't like it making noise all day long, so took it to the ranch. Best thing ever for keeping the scorpions and insect critters picked up.
              Yup the one we have is pretty loud

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

We won't NOT have one now.. we run it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                  we have had a Roomba for some time now and love it. We have hardwood, tile and some rugs and every once and awhile it will get stuck coming out from under the sofa but that's the only bad thing I can say about it
                  We have the same thing happen but ours happens nearly every time. Either our couch or bed. My wife's answer to that was throw some pillows down in front to block it from going under them.

Comment

I have one. I love her.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                      Id recommend the Botvac over the Irobots (unless you get the top end one). They have no logic to them and just randomly bounce around trying to clean the place. The Botvac uses a laser radar and tries to map a room and then goes back and forth in a logical pattern. We have had a Botvac for about 3 years now. One was replaced under warranty when the radar stopped spinning correctly. We recently replaced the battery in this one with a lithium ion.

Do your research and wait for them to go on sale.
                      Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
                      We did some extensive background on the robots...we settled with a Netto....
                      We also have a Neato. We call him Wall-E. He does a good job. Extremely happy with our purchase. With the app it will generate a map every time it cleans and you can see what it did and did not clean.

Comment

I just bought a Roomba and it is great.

Comment

My mother got the newest iRobot for mothers day. She loves it. It is on a schedule so it comes on and has the floors clean before anyone gets home from work.

Comment

Just got an IRobot and it's great. Lowe's had the best price.

Comment

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                              I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

Comment

love my roomba

Comment

Working...
                                X