No announcement yet.

Hogs at Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent about 3 hours scouting the new north area, didn't see hardly any hog sign, I did spook a nice doe down near the lake. There are animal trails all over the place down in the bottom so I bet the rain washed most of the sign away. The area sure does need a good cleaning, there is trash everywhere, also came across what might have been a meth lab or a homeless shelter but not sure, large black tarp and a old tent with lots of spray cans and water bottles, got a little nervous without any protection.

Comment

FYI they also told me you can hunt hogs year round on the brown or the green areas until Aug.31 2010 then you need new permit.
      Originally posted by bulldurham View Post
      just called it is legal to hog hunt at night in case ya need it heres the# 817-865-2600
      green area and hog only area is archery only for deer and hogs. Small game can be taken with shotgun with no larger than #3 shot.

Comment

The pigs are bad around here i live in trophy club. They even tear up the side of 114 it looks like it has been plowed up in places. Anybody want to hunt grapevine . I would love to go just not safe to go there by yourself at night. Let me know.

Comment

I'm game shewske, been scouting out there for a couple weeks now, have a few areas I would like to try at night. Like you havent had the huevos to go it alone at night. Set up a game cam last week, going to check it out over the weekend. If it hasn't been stolen..lol. Have you seen much activity where you have been scouting?

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            There was an article on the front page of the Wall Street Journel about the problems Southlake is having with the hogs. From the trails I've seen and the damage they do to lawns out there, I would bet they would allow just about anything to remove them.

Can't hurt to ask.
            I have asked. they said taking of hogs is confined to CofE property only, even with archery. I asked about trapping and was told they have hired professionals to handle that. My Uncle is a city official in Trophy Club (adjacent to Southlake for the out of towners) and said they have the pig problem just as bad and the city manager even has to hunt on Corp land. He's a hunter and wanted to take care of the pigs on his land and cannot.

Comment

Is there a restriction on hunting on private land with a bow in certain communities? I know there a numerous laws against discharging firearms within city/town limits, but are there ones against bows as well?

Comment

You need to refer to the specific city's ordinance on hunting and that will answer your question.

Comment

Hey guys, this is my first post but I have been a periodic lurker for over 2 years. I have bowhunted at least a few times a year since I was 17 (now 25) but never gotten the chance to let one loose. I live in The Colony now. Do alot of waterfowl hunting and fishing in the area. I do alot of exploring in the woods and have gotten a knowledge of the lakes and whatnot. If anyone wants to pair up let me know. We can get in to some hard to reach places by boat. I dont have a pop up or climber (broke my pop up 2 yrs ago), so thats the only thing I ask is that you have one I can use when we go. If anyone is interested let me know. I have my generals for Lavon, Lewisville and Grapevine and im ready to put in some work.

Comment

hey. im up for some scouting or hunting myself. Grapevine. Lavon. I have not been out there. but im ready. thinking about cooper too but have to have aph permit. Shot hogs at cooper before. at one time cooper was half dried up due to a derought. it made for great hog hunting. you could see for a good ways on the flats. now the lake is up and most areas around cooper are thick as heck. hunt mostly lbj but lookin.

Comment

hum.. I have some thermal and night vision gear (they are both weapon sights but I can sure use them without a gun as well ).... I wouldn't mind tagging along to do some spotting! sorry , can't let anybody just borrow them.. just too much $$ invested.

I was actually thinking of setting the thermal on a tripod on a boat and use the video port to a monitor (got a 7" battery powered monitor that would work perfect for that ).. I could scout a big area quick!

Comment

Trapping hogs @ Grapevine

Hey guys i work @ Cabelas and we had the Grapevine A.C.O.E in on Sat. for our great outdoor days, they told me they are thinking of doing a draw for approx. 10 permits to TRAP hogs but weren't sure of the interest. Just thought i would throw this out there, post up if you are interested (unfortunately i don't own a hog trap)

Comment

Originally posted by SILENT KILLER View Post
                          I'm game shewske, been scouting out there for a couple weeks now, have a few areas I would like to try at night. Like you havent had the huevos to go it alone at night. Set up a game cam last week, going to check it out over the weekend. If it hasn't been stolen..lol. Have you seen much activity where you have been scouting?
                          Don't leave your trail camera out. Trust me, I made that mistake thinking we are all good people out there, and some JACKWAGON stole mine out there in december I think it was, and is ruining it for all of us.

Comment

I have had 2 TC's stolen around Lavon. One was about 100 yards from my mom and dads house just off of the lake. I don't buy expensive cameras any more...well I don't buy any cameras any more because I am tired of them being stolen.

Comment

people with steal anything, went to the lease this weekend and all the timers were gone from 3 feeders! grrrrr!

Comment

Originally posted by SILENT KILLER View Post
                                Hello SILENT KILLER its gmashewske changed my profile and added pic. Would still like to check out grapevine i would.I stay here in Trophy Club. Holler at me and we can check the place out.

Comment

Working...
                                X