Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woodmen Home for Orphans and Aged (pic heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodmen Home for Orphans and Aged (pic heavy)

Well, today was the big day..for access and tour of the Old Woodmen's home in Sherman, Tx. (were any of you there ?)

A LOT of people attended. Hard to get photos at times. I arrived at opening and left just before closing. Most of my time was spend with just making 10 pictures with a 4x5. Also used an old Mamiya 645, but its mirror "stuck" only a few shots into the roll. :down:
    Then grabbed the Box Camera and took 8 pictures, but I am afraid I screwed those up...Efke film in it ISO 25. Merrilly thought I would just push it a few stops..does not look good for that from what info I can dig up. Woudl have been OK if it was sunny out.

anyway, I will post the film when its done. In the meantime here are a few digital snapshots.

Most all of these were done with a Manual focus Nikkor PC-28 lens. Yes, I made it hard on myself today.

cool! was going to go but had to get a new tire instead.

Comment

Nice pix.....but what is the story behind this?
      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

it was an orphanage till about the late 70's

Comment

Great pictures.

It's sad what both mother nature and vandals can do to a once grand building when unchecked.

Comment

lot of history in that building, would love to go some day

Comment

Originally posted by beaverboy View Post
              cool! was going to go but had to get a new tire instead.
              Hey CA, Howdy and welcome aboard. Funny how this here Bow forum has a Photo section better than most Photo forums.
              I did not know about it, till I bought - and then sold my 2 bows. Not much of a Bow hunter. Heck not much of a Hunter anyway.

Kind of a lousy day today for getting outside with a Camera. Or is it....

Comment

Nice

Comment

I really like the fifth one. Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by timbertoes View Post
                    Hey CA, Howdy and welcome aboard. Funny how this here Bow forum has a Photo section better than most Photo forums.
                    I did not know about it, till I bought - and then sold my 2 bows. Not much of a Bow hunter. Heck not much of a Hunter anyway.

Kind of a lousy day today for getting outside with a Camera. Or is it....
                    I agree! been a trapper/bow hunter since I was ten well bow hunter at 14 i had to get enought sand in my britches to draw back my polar bear recurve.never got it to full draw before it was stolen out of my truck.
                    but R.A has stopped my hunting and trapping just grateful we can still hunt with a dsrl.killed my share so I'll send in pic's and for a hind quarter i'll tell ya'll where their at not able to get out today

Comment

It's an absolute shame this place has gone to waste. The inner hallway photo really shows how much vandalism this place has really suffered. Thanks for sharing - well done!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                        I really like the fifth one. Very nice!
                        X2

Comment

I wish ya'll could of seen the big directors house that was behind the home before the dopeheads burned it down. it's really shame.

Comment

Working...
                          X