hunting Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunting Missouri

Good evening everyone, I'm in the middle of planning a hunt in Missouri, and wanted to see if there was anyone from there or who has hunted there that might be able to answer a few questions. I'm planning to hunt just east of Branson and south of Bradleyville.Mark Twain National forest. Thanks for any help.

I hunt Missouri every year and am planning on going up the 2nd week of the season. PM me with ur questions.

Comment

did you get that pm 888?

Comment

I was born and raised in Branson. Lived there 30 years. Great hunting. All my family still lives there.
        You can call me if you want.
        Johnny
        817-899-8010

Comment

I hunt about an hour east of Branson in Ozark co. I go every other year skipped last yr. I like that little area. When are you goin

Comment

Well, I was told the rut kicks in around opening rifle season. Don't know if thats b.s or not. I tried sending you a pm earlier sparkles after I read some previous posts. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. We are pretty open on dates except for the weekend of opening south zone dove!! Can't miss that party!!! lol. I'm just trying to find out about hunting pressure, camping permits, Deer, etc. I was looking off of hwy 125 either taney or ozark county. Any help would be rocking.

Comment

Thanks johnny, I'll be on the road all day tomorrow, I'll give you a buzz.

Comment

Replied. The best bet for the Rut is Oct 28th thru Nov 15th. After that the bucks are on lockdown for 5-7 days. And then are hard to find cause of the rifle season and hunting pressure. Just my experiences the last 8 years.

Comment

I hunted the "show me state" last year and might hunt there this year. I went on the Missouri whitetail forum and they were helpful. PM MUDSHACK on here, he's good people and is on the missouri forum as well. From talking to other guys Crod888 is right on about the rut.
                  I had to make my trip last year based around my busy work schedule. Unfortuantly that week landed on a full moon. I had a lot of sits where does with fawns were in bow range. Personally I felt for my first time setting up by scouting trails, playing the wind and not hunting over a strategically placed attractant it was succsesful.
                  Make sure to read the latest details on baiting, I'm not sure they've changed but Missouri has an odd approach.
                  Last edited by Vantage Point; 07-16-2012, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I hunt up there close to Houston county, going there when I leave Kansas. Right at gun season this year, but will be bow hunting.

Comment

Thanks for everyones help!! I've planned DYI hunts in Wyoming for the past 5 years and always had 100% success even when I took my wife & when I took my runnin buddies. I plan long and hard so I appreciate y'alls help. I'm going to do some more investegating on my own, then send you some more questions. Didn't think about the WMA'S. This is going to be strictly bow, If any of y'all want info on a Wyoming DYI rifle, antelope or Muley hunt let me know. I have a system that is guaranteed first year draw, and there are plaenty to be taken if you wanna work!

Comment

Working...
                      X