Arrow rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow rest

I know this is a topic that has been heavily discussed, but I am having a hard time deciding on what rest to put on a new bow. My current bow has a QAD ultra rest on it. I haven’t had a problem with it, but I wanted to look at other options before outfitting a new bow. The bow will be primarily for hunting. I’m likely going to go with a single pin sight.

From what I have read, there is a negligible difference in velocity and accuracy between whisker biscuit type rest and fall away rest. The same can be said for accuracy.

What does everyone prefer? Any problems with either type of rest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the QAD and haven't had a single problem. "If it aint broke..."

Comment

I have worked on bows for 20 years and there is a difference with a whisker bisquit. If your an occasional hunter with shots around 20yds and a slower bow they are fine. great for kids and new hunters. If your shooting a faster bow you can definitely tell the difference if you tune it well. They have limited adjustment and if you shoot much they will wear out vanes pretty quick. QAD, Ripcords, are good. If your going to shoot alot a Hamskey is the bomb. There are others that are good these just came to mind..

Comment

Been using trophy taker smackdown pro for a few years and have found no reasons to change. Built to take abuse and easy t set up.

Comment

Been using trophy taker smackdown pro for a few years and have found no reasons to change. Built to take abuse and easy t set up.

Comment

I like the Trophy Ridge Revolution.
            Why? It's full containment. I like to spot and stalk sometimes. With the QAD the arrow will be bounce up and down on the rest, won't come off but will bounce. With the Revolution it won't.

I've been told, by the techs at the Bow Shop I use, if you use a Whisker Biscuit you should run straight vanes. With helical it'll have to much drag and can have negative affect on performance...

That's MY preference.

Comment

QAD. Love it.

Comment

QAD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am a big QAD HDX fan. I like the WB for its simplicity, but I shoot Blazers with a lot of helical and they are tough on vanes if you shoot a lot like I do (well I do when I am healthy). At least in my experience they are.

Comment

Best two rests I've used are the ripcord an the QAD. I personally like the QAD better because you can let the bow down and the rest stays in place. I have never had an issue with my QAD.

Comment

I've had QAD and now have Ripcords---very little difference. Had a WB and got rid of it due to being busted twice on the draw in 10 days -- arrow makes too much noise on the bristles.

Comment

bowmedic nailed it. Scratch the WB off the list. QAD is good and a Hamskea limb driven would be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by bowmedic View Post
                          I have worked on bows for 20 years and there is a difference with a whisker bisquit. If your an occasional hunter with shots around 20yds and a slower bow they are fine. great for kids and new hunters. If your shooting a faster bow you can definitely tell the difference if you tune it well. They have limited adjustment and if you shoot much they will wear out vanes pretty quick. QAD, Ripcords, are good. If your going to shoot alot a Hamskey is the bomb. There are others that are good these just came to mind..
                          Why would you put a rest on a kid's or new hunter's bow that a more experienced hunter could not shoot well?
                          Fletched properly, Blazer vanes can withstand thousands of shots thru a WB, with the newer biscuits.

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                          I like the Trophy Ridge Revolution.
                          Why? It's full containment. I like to spot and stalk sometimes. With the QAD the arrow will be bounce up and down on the rest, won't come off but will bounce. With the Revolution it won't.

I've been told, by the techs at the Bow Shop I use, if you use a Whisker Biscuit you should run straight vanes. With helical it'll have to much drag and can have negative affect on performance...

That's MY preference.
                          Wonder why TR discontinued the Revolution?
                          This is total BS!
                          I shoot a 6 degree helical with zero issues.

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                          I am a big QAD HDX fan. I like the WB for its simplicity, but I shoot Blazers with a lot of helical and they are tough on vanes if you shoot a lot like I do (well I do when I am healthy). At least in my experience they are.
                          BS.
                          I have test arrows in my shop that have withstood thousands of shots thru a WB.

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                          I've had QAD and now have Ripcords---very little difference. Had a WB and got rid of it due to being busted twice on the draw in 10 days -- arrow makes too much noise on the bristles.
                          Some arrows are not as slick as others, BUT, after a little shooting, become smoother and are not near as noisy.

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                          bowmedic nailed it. Scratch the WB off the list. QAD is good and a Hamskea limb driven would be even better.
                          There are probably more deer killed each year with a WB than all other rests combined.
                          I have a friend named Dave Cousins.
                          Look at his resume.
                          Dave was at my house one evening, and I asked him about arrow rests.
                          Dave shoots a Hamskea.
                          I specifically asked what kind of scores he could shoot if he was shooting a WB.
                          His answer, "The same".
                          If you don't like the simplicity of the WB, please don't denigrate it with falsities.

Comment

My problem with the WB is it seems loud. The scratching on the draw on a quiet morning would get me busted. I have a quad ultra. Been great. I shot trophy taker for years and it was a good rest as well.

Comment

Stick with your QAD

Comment

Working...
                              X