No announcement yet.

Remington going to file bankruptcy again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to see that, but they are a victim of their own circumstances. They have got caught up in the cheap gun race. Remington should make quality shotguns and rifles with decent wood or composite stocks. I know that Savage and Mossberg have price point firearms but I also know that most of us still love a wood stocked 700. The heck with the plastic stocks and poor craftsmanship. Streamline the product line and focus on what they are good at.

And bring back the 40x, XP100, Nylon 66 , 500 series 22lr bolt guns and remake the 600 series bolt guns. Okay, I vented but seriously what they have been doing for the past 10 years is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      I hate to see that, but they are a victim of their own circumstances. They have got caught up in the cheap gun race. Remington should make quality shotguns and rifles with decent wood or composite stocks. I know that Savage and Mossberg have price point firearms but I also know that most of us still love a wood stocked 700. The heck with the plastic stocks and poor craftsmanship. Streamline the product line and focus on what they are good at.

And bring back the 40x, XP100, Nylon 66 , 500 series 22lr bolt guns and remake the 600 series bolt guns. Okay, I vented but seriously what they have been doing for the past 10 years is not working.

Last good "cheap" Remington rifle the 788. Bring that one back

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
        Last good "cheap" Remington rifle the 788. Bring that one back
        They owned by a big company now and nothing matters but quick profits.

Comment

A successful business has to have a purpose. Employees at Remington haven't had consistent leadership in a long time. Their QC problems, lack of innovation, and resting on their prior successes has been their downfall IMO. Sad to see this happen.

Comment

I’ll be waiting on cheap 700 actions

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I’ll be waiting on cheap 700 actions

Same here! So many guns to build!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Same here! So many guns to build!

Sierracharlie out…
                All the guns!!

Comment

How do they survive? They can't compete on price at the bottom end of the market. They can't compete on quality at the top end of the market. The only Remington product interesting to me at all is their heavy barreled rifles. Those are good quality at a good price.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    They owned by a big company now and nothing matters but quick profits.
                    They are almost a BILLION dollars in the hole. Any talk of profit--quick or otherwise--is not realistic at this point.

Comment

I just sent my 700 in for a new trigger (malfunction). I hope I get it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X