300 Rum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 Rum

I’m about to buy a Remington 700 Sendero model in 300 RUM from a friend. I will mostly use it for mule deer and elk. I was curious on what some of the better loads would be?

210gr Berger over 92gr of Retumbo

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
      210gr Berger over 92gr of Retumbo
      ^^^^^this

Comment

I used to reload for my .30-378 (haven't shot it in a couple years and a buddy has the dies now), but had very good results with H-50BMG at about 93 grains with various bullets. See if you can find a similar load for RUM.

Comment

I own one and have shot it so much that I needed a new barrel and bumped it to a 300 tomahawk.. Great rig but sorry zero need for a mule deer.. Elk sure long range its a killer rig for sure loads I like the 178 and 200 .. I used western magnum the old big boy. 96 grains on the 178 ..

I never could get a barnes bullet to be very accurate I like the bullet but this gun did not

i even loaded up some 125 starke bullets for it ..3850 fps if i recall i would have to look at my notes not loaded that in a few years .. That bullet was the only one that would not shed the jacket due to rifling .. its not made to shoot a light weight bullet . But in SD got my 1000 yard on PD ,,

The lighter bullet is great for under 550 maybe 600 yards .

Recoil wise its a bit sharp i would look into a brake .. \

98 Retumbo
          Rem brass
          215 primers
          MV about 3400
          Accuracy about .4 MOA

any load data you use at your own risk .

more info here

Comment

Working...
          X